Chapter 1

Khaled's POV

      "If this thing continues, I fucking swear I won't last long!" I groan, cursing up the piles of paper on my desk. This isn't what I thought it would feel once I step up as an alpha of this pack. This is killing me!

      It has been a month since I became the new alpha. It was supposed to be on my 18th birthday but my mate didn't come...so we waited. In our pack, an alpha isn't recognize as one if he doesn't have a mate to begin with. They can't just rule a pack without a lune who also, has works but just the light ones, it's better than doing everything all by yourself, right?

       So this is what's happened. I waited...I fucking waited for a whole 8 years for my mate! But no luck. I don't know what really happened but I think my mate doesn't want to be with me...or doesn't recognize me as one.

      I was devastated, and depressed and the negative effect shows up on my body. I've grown weak and so the Elders took a notice, or should I say, pity and changed the rule for my sake. And that's how I'm now inside this room, behind this table, doing nothing but checking and signing some contract. It really is so fun, take note I'll be doing this until tonight then start with new piles tomorrow.

      As an alpha, I need to establish bonds with the neighboring packs to prevent conflict from occuring. This is quite the best way to maintain the peace among our packs, but those rogues still stays in the dark, waiting for the best time to attack and ruin things.

      I glared at the door when I heard someone knocking. I close my eyes and calm myself down before putting the pen down. "Come in," I said in my most calm voice. I was so stressed that I need to relax and calm myself a bit.

      "Oh look who's stress," I rolled my eyes before groaning when Alak came in. He's my beta, the best friend, the best man, literally the best of everything for me. I can't even imagine myself not having him as my best friend and my right hand.

      "Alak, about time to visit me here and take my attention away from this–" I glared at the piles of papers in disgust as if they're some rotting fruits. "–papers," I finished. I heard the man chuckled, making my eyes roll.

       "Come on! This isn't that hard for you, you know just reading and signing, just like going to school!" I glared at him at his god damn joke. He laughed at his so called joke.

      "You know how I fucking hate school! Fuck I can't even imagine the faces of those teaches looking at me with annoyance!" I tried to stood up but hisses when my bottom and back aches in pain. Fuck this!

      "Eh, who wouldn't get annoyed when you do nothing but sleep in class?" I rolled my eyes again. "Anyway alpha, I'm here to tell you that Mama, Papa and Kyle, left for the nei–" my eyes widen and after a second, all of the piles of papers on my desk went to the floor, scattered everywhere as I slam my fists onto the desk.

      "They what?!" I fucking told them not to take him with them! No wonder why my wolf is on edge! They've taken them out of the pack, without my permission and without me knowing! I'm sure they didn't even want to tell me about this! "And you just fucking let them take him?! Didn't I told you to tell them not to take him?" I glared at Alak before pushing myself off the chair and walk out of the room, him following behind me.

      "Of course I followed what I was told alpha, but Papa is much more domineering than you...I'm really sorry," father, so he told Alak to back off or what? Oh no, that's a bit cruel, maybe they told him that everything will be okay and all, yeah, it sounded just like that since they're all sweet and good when it comes to Alak than me. I'm not jealous or anything, just stating a fact.