Chapter 13

Alak's POV

I was in pain as I watch Khaled. He was having the last moment that his wolf prepared for him as their last gift or a thank you gift for being with them throughout their last second.

It was breaking my heart how fast it all happened. It was like yest we were having the fun of our lives and now Khaled's wolf died that fast.

I can say that I'm very close with Khaled's wolf considering the fact that Khaled would often collapse and his wolf has to take control of the body as Khaled recovers from the pain that the mate bond is causing and there his wolf and I had share quite a lot of happy memories...and it feels like I lost a brother.

I immediately push myself up from the chair and rush towards Khaled when he slowly open up his eyes. He had a tear on his eyes and I started to wipe off the droplets of sweats that was covering his whole face.

"Alpha how are you feeling? Do you need water or anything?" I kneel on the floor, looking at Khaled with worried. His face, it shows an unreadable expression and I can't say if he's happy, sad, or in pain.

"Stop," he raise his hand on me. I look at him, still waiting for the next words. "Stop falling me Alpha anymore, Beta Alak. I am a mere human now, lower than an Omega and I don't deserve to be called alpha," he explains and I just look at him like he was crazy.

"And mister, who are you to decide who will I be calling alpha? You're still an alpha even if...well, he's gone. It takes your presence to be alpha, not just strength," he will always be my alpha even if he had lost his wolf.

"Alak...am I permitted to cry? I feel so much pain and I feel like I'm losing myself," I stood up and helped him seat up before sitting on the soft bed next to him. I embrace him.

"No one said you can't cry. Cry it all, Khaled. Things will get better soon and this all happened because of a great good reason the Moon Goddess has prepared for you," and just that, he started to sob out everything.

"I-I failed to be a perfect human for him, Alak! A-All of those years, he suffered from the pain of being denied! A-And I can't do anything much! I-I promise I had tried my best taking some of the pain to the point that I'll collapse," he cry harder.

He said a lot of things, blaming himself for being such a useless being that he can't even give his wolf the happiness of being with his mate. He cursed and blam himself for not trying hard on getting Kyle back.

The words are breaking my heart into dust. I've get to see him suffer all through the years after knowing who his mate is and bring denied. It was just, cruel, very much cruel for me.

"I know you can get through this. Me and Stella will always be by your side even if they will all leave you and turn their back against you. We're a family, Khaled and I-I will protect to the best of my ability. I'll protect you and my family. Just don't think bad of yourself and stop blaming yourself...it was fate that made this happen. It's bound to happen," I'll do my best to protect him from any harm.

Everyone will leave him someday and Stella and I will make sure that we will be right by his side when that time comes. We'll be his shelter, his protection.

"A-Alpha, you're finally awake! I've got you a glass of water," we glance at my woman who enters the room. She handed me a glass of water that I also give to Khaled.

"Thank you for the two of you, for everything," we smile at him as drink the water.

Kyle's POV

I was angry when the pack doctor rushed an unconscious Shawn in our room. I was in rage when I learned that Alak had beaten him so badly that his eye is in much pain.