Chapter 34

Kyle's POV

       I have heard that my father was stressing out and demanding that we should get back to the pack as soon as possible. I'm glad that he didn't mention the thing that we ran away from the pack.

       We are currently in the car riding back to the pack. I'm currently driving as Khaled and our baby are sitting on the back seats. I can hear Shawn's soft and cute snoring as I drive the car.

      It's already night, almost mid night actually. We took a bit longer, no, we took really that long for us to start our journey. It turns out that alpha Harman has prepared a celebration for us, oh crap that, a ritual it is.

       I didn't know that Harman has fucking warlocks traveling to visit him for a meeting and it was a perfect timing that we are about to leave. They learned the good news before anyone could even mentioned it to them and oh well, they gather and did a ritual for a safe travel and we really did enjoy it after because there are foods!

       "Kyle...is everything real?" I was taken aback from his question. What does he mean? Is he doubting our feelings? "I mean...I did a very bad and unforgivable thing to you, a-and now you're accepting me as a mate. I-It's just too good to be true," I sigh a relief after hearing the whole thing.

      I glance at the front mirror and the sight made me smile. Shawn was leaning closer to Khaled who's planting kissing on the sleeping Shawn's forehead.

      "I chose to forget about the past, brother. I have realized that my pain is nothing compared to pain that you had to go through. Losing a wolf, your sight, your nose...those could be the worst things that could happen. And no, It is not out of pity that I accepted you, I realized I was stupid to lock you out of my life without even wanting to know the reason why you did what you did to me. I had woken up from the nightmare to start a good and beautiful day," I finished my words with a smile.

      It turned out that we really are mates. I was too afraid to acknowledge everything about him because of what he did to me but only...only if I wasn't that weak and tried my best to reach out to him to know his reason behind it then perhaps this thing wouldn't last long than it really is already.

      Only if I learned sooner that he was out of control that time, that he was acting on instinct on claiming what was rightfully his, only if I learned and felt the sparks...I could and would have willingly given my whole body to him. But that wasn't the case, it was a difficult one that happens.

       "You...you don't know how happy I am, Kyle. I got my brother back, my mates. I feel like I have everything in this world that everyone should envy for," the hint of happiness in his voice was as clear as sunny sky.

       After the conversation, the two of us fell into a comfortable silent. This silent won't last long when we reached there. I have told my father ahead to gather everyone and prepare a celebration for the birthday of the three of us that we failed to even remember due to the situation.

       At first father didn't agreed that we'll also celebrate Khaled's but I had enough and had to talk back to him saying he has not gotten such celebration after what happened to us and the Alpha's birthday should always be celebrated. I can't even believe that Khaled didn't tell anyone to prepare for his birthday each and every year after what happened that night. It was like he simply don't care about his big day that only happens once in a year.

       "We're here," I whispered and before I could even realize how noisy the outside of the pack house was, Shawn has woken up. "Fuck, I'm sorry! I didn't know they would be this loud," I immediately apologize, feeling guilty that Shawn's peaceful sleep was ruined.