Chapter 20

Khaled's POV

      I was silently sitting on my bed, trying my absolute best to block all of the sounds that I'm hearing. Sounds that are made far from my room. They are so clear, every little noise, it's sickening, it's tiring, and it's driving me insane.

       I've just woken up from my sleep just today after five days of being unconscious. I was greeted by a loud voice of Alak, praising and thanking the Moon Goddess for bringing me back to them.

       I'm just sitting here, hearing everything but can't see anything. All I see is a pure darkness. Darkness that seems to be endless, the kind of darkness that makes me feel sick and wants to vomit.

       The doctor came this morning and identity what's happening to me. He told me that the damage was beyond what he expected because it left me blind. He was only expecting blurry vision, but it was something that's unexpected.

       I remember how loud Alak and Stella's cries when hearing thee sad new. It was also painful for me but I came to accept my sealed fate without any hesitation. I've got nothing to do but to accept what I really am now; a mere blind human being, weak if it to be called.

        My guard went up so fast as I flinch at the sound of the door being open. Nervousness spikes in. I can't smell anymore, a thing that the pack doctor sadly announce and therefore, I can't even recognize the people around me.

       "It's us Khaled," I immediately calmed down as fast when I heard Alak's comforting voice. I heard them approaching me and by the sound of their footsteps, one of them must have carrying something important.

       "I have cooked you a fried beef." I then heard a plate being place on the wooden nightstand beside my bed. I was disappointed of myself for not being able to scent the food. Like what I said, my nose is as useless as a dead person.

      "Thank you," I felt their presence on both sides of the bed. I was overwhelmed at the new feeling of being taken care of, as if I went back being an infant. Something inside me loves the feeling of being care so much, but on the other side I hate the situation I am in because of this, I became a burden to everyone.

      "I'll feed you," Alak commented. I then heard the plate being picked from the nightstand. I was blushing when I heard him saying that. I may be blind, but I'm not a total disable person.

      "I have an ego, Alak. Give me the fork and knife, I won't hurt myself in the process," I admitted. Both held their breath as I open up my palms in front of me, waiting for the utensils to be place on them. "Thank you," I thanks him when he placed the utensils on my open palms. I didn't take long before I started to eat.

       "Khaled... I'm sorry," I heard Alak apologize. I swallowed the delicious food. Why is he apologizing? As far as I know, he didn't do anything wrong.

      "You did nothing wrong Alak. And if you did, then just so you know you're already forgiven. It was I who should be apologizing. I'm sorry for being a burde–" I was cut off before I could even finish up the last word.

       "No, you're not a burden to us and never fucking will. I'm the one who should be sorry because once again, I fucking failed to protect you from everyone. I have made an oath that I shall protect you from pain that will come in your way...yet here we are," somehow, this conversation made me stop eating.

       "You can't fight everyone all at once, Alak. You're my beta, my best friend, my family, but that doesn't mean you should protect me from everything. I really appreciate your kindness towards me, both of you," I'll be long dead if it's not because of them. No, not physically dead but mentally and emotionally roasted up. With them around, I'm able to talk about my feelings and everything.