Chapter 18: Listening to Her (Thomas)

"OW! NO, PLEASE, IT HURTS DADDY...! PLEASE!,"  Her screams were like murmurs as she shuffled through the bedsheets. I had never seen the look of distress so prominent on someone's face. Not since the night I had found Layla laying on the floor. 

I couldn't get her cry out of my head. I just sat there and watched as Melissa slept, struggling to wake up, to release herself from the dreaded nightmare she seemed to continuously get stuck in. I knew it was wrong to have just let myself into her hotel room like some creep.

I wasn't trying to come off as a stalker or anything but for some reason my legs led me here, right beside her bed. Drunk and plastered, my legs still knew where my heart wanted to be. No matter how angry I was at her for choosing Jayson, I couldn't help but want to be near her. 

I could've woken her up but I needed to hear more. Melissa telling her father to stop in her dream wasn't sitting right with me. I couldn't understand why she would be telling Kal to stop or what he could possibly be doing to her in her nightmare that is arising such a reaction from her. I wanted to know exactly what was tormenting her. It wasn't making any sense to me. Maybe if I hadn't been so fucking drunk and wasted in my sorrows, I could've understood.

I grabbed my glass and took another sip waiting to hear what else was troubling her. It was only a matter of ten more seconds before I saw her eyes twitching, fighting to meet reality and release herself from the transcendent nightmare she was experiencing. 

Even through a nightmare, Melissa Maddox looked like an absolute goddess. I was lost in her. After I got a micro dose of my visual fill of her, she lifted herself up and turned on the light that sat next to her on the nightstand. She almost jumped when she saw me at the foot of her bed sitting in the dark with a glass of scotch in my hand. I could only imagine. It wasn't everyday you woke up to a strange drunken man watching you sleep. 

"What were you dreaming about, Melissa?"

"What are you doing in my room? What the fuck?," she pulled the covers over her breasts that laid beautifully under her top. I could see the color of her nipples right through her tiny little white tank top. The company who made her shirt knew exactly what they were doing. Less fabric, more nipple.  I picked up my glass again trying to suppress the ache in my cock, I quickly took a swig and chuckled. 

"What do you think I'm fucking doing here? You think I want to be here right now? After seeing you with him?" I hated that I was showing her a glimpse of my concern. In reality, I didn't like it when people believed they had power over me. I also didn't like them knowing when and if I was affected by them. 

Her lips parted slightly as her eyes slowly met mine and as if scared, she quickly looked away. 

"That's precisely the thing, I don't know what you fucking want," her voice was low and I could sense the melancholy behind it.  I avoided her remark because I had no clue what I wanted either. I was torn between wanting Melissa and hating her. I was torn between wanting her to know how much I really wanted her and wanting her to believe I didn't give a fuck in the slightest. It was a game that was supposed to crush her but was caving in on me instead. 

"What were you dreaming about?," I persisted. 

"That's none of your business."

I stood from the end of the king size bed and approached her, stopping right before her. I towered over her while she sat on the bed. Her head leveled at my hip. 

"You are my business, Melissa. Don't make me ask you again, what were you dreaming about?"

"Nothing," her eyes fell to the ground. 

I got closer, merely an inch from her face. She smelled like lavender, her scent was intoxicating and I wanted it to lead me straight into overdose. I'd have to punish her later but at the moment, all I could think about was the wonder that was between her legs. I needed to have her again.

I placed one finger under her chin and lifted her head to get a better view of the thoughts behind her eyes. "You don't have to keep secrets from me. I want to know what's bothering you." I was being one hundred percent honest but my intentions weren't. I was hoping she'd dish it all out. If I really wanted to make her pay, I needed to know anything and everything. It'd come of use to me in the future. 

"You're one to talk. Who's Kaylee?" I immediately froze, hearing Kaylee's name come out of Melissa's mouth was the absolute last thing I ever expected. I had no idea how she found about her or if she even really knew who was. Although it didn't matter. Kaylee was old news and didn't hold a candle in comparison to Melissa. Melissa was a greek goddess.

"My old assistant," was all I managed to say. Her stare was burning right through me, as if trying to catch me in a lie. The thing was I had no reason to lie to Melissa. Unlike her situation with Jayson, I wasn't fucking her and Kaylee at the same time. 

"Just your assistant?," she looked up at me, I knew she wasn't going to like my answer. I knew Melissa wasn't ready to hear what I had to say but I was going to say it anyway. I never sugarcoated shit and I wasn't about to start. I also knew she wasn't ready to tell me that she also practices. Anyone who took a good look at her wrists and ankles could easily tell Melissa was a submissive.  

"She used to be my submissive." 

She immediately stood from the bed and began pacing back and forth. She looked like all her suspicions had been confirmed and for the first time I had doubts, doubts in her practice.

"What do you mean your submissive? Like your subordinate? What the fuck is wrong with you?" Confusion was completely taking over her and she couldn't even control the words that were spilling out of her mouth. 

I'd never been too proud of my nature. I was groomed to be a dominant, it was all I'd ever known. Vanilla sex had never been my cup of tea. My specific tastes had always been a secret to the public and I made sure of it. The media would've had a ball with it. It was also my own private matter, therefore nobody's business. The only person who knew about my secret life was Melissa's father, Kal, who was a dominant as well. I couldn't believe she was hitting me with this right now. What the fuck was wrong with me? No, what the fucking is wrong with her. I looked back at Melissa, ready to tantalize the shit out of her for even trying it. 

"You're so naive. I find it funny because I always have you soaked. Have you asked yourself, Melissa?" I walked towards her, grabbing her by the waist and sliding my hand up under her t-shirt. "Have you asked yourself why I make you so wet? Why every fiber in your being is begging me to fuck you right now?" 

I palmed her breast and softly brushed my thumb against her protruding nipples. It was like one touch and they were instantly hard. I would never get over how much Melissa's body responded to mine and how much mine responded to hers. I brushed my lips against her ear and whispered, "It's because you're naturally submissive and you can't help it."

She tore away from my grip. "That's fucking ridiculous. I'm not. I could never, I would never let a man do that to me. I'd never let you hurt me like that...," she looked like she was about to cry. 

"Hurt you? You think I'm trying to hurt you? It's not about the pain Melissa, it's about the control, the pleasure. You like me because I'm dominant, there is nothing wrong with that. Plus, the punishments are to-," I couldn't even finish my sentence before her voice raised six octaves. 

"Punishments? NO! How dare you, I would never let you punish me! You're fucking crazy," I saw a tear fall from the corner of her eye. Her reaction had me in absolute shock. I couldn't comprehend what about my statement was making Melissa so emotional. Why it triggered her the way it did. All I could do was explain before she started seeing me as some monster who simply wanted to beat her. 

"Punishments don't simply consist of pain, Melissa. I would never hurt you or take it too far. You can choose your safe word. It's all about trust. You have to trust that I won't hurt you. That all I'll ever give you is pleasure and I promise, you I will." She lifted her eyebrows taking in my words.

"Has anyone ever made you cum like I have?," I watched as her cheeks turned bright red. I couldn't wait to hear her answer. 

"No."

"Because you need this, Melissa, you need me and I need you."