Chapter 22: Deceiving Her (Thomas)

It was like being stuck in the ocean, surrounded by the abyss, nothing within reach and nowhere to go. I was stuck with my thoughts, and seconds away from drowning in them. My vision blurred and I saw shooting rays of black emptiness as I tried processing the severity of what Melissa was telling me. Everything I thought I once knew was a lie. My friendship with her father, the man I thought he was, everything was a whole fucking fabrication. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe the man that I called my best friend was raping his fucking daughter, his seven year old daughter.

My entire body was raging in disgust, I immediately stood, my gaze stuck on the woman sitting in front of me. All I could see was a little girl who needed saving. All I could see was Layla. I was torn. I was torn between the image I once had of Kal and the love I was beginning to feel for Melissa. My heart was breaking for the woman that I couldn't think straight because of, the woman who lost her innocence way before her time like so many others before her.

"Say something!," she took her tissue and slid it across her eyelids. She did it effortlessly as if crying was her norm. She didn't deserve this. 

"I don't know what to say," I couldn't possibly tell her I knew her father. That my entire plan consisted of having her within my reach so I could crush her and make her pay for killing him. I couldn't tell her that the whole time I'd been planing my revenge on her for unjust reasons. She didn't deserve what I had already put in motion. 

After Melissa had promptly kicked me out, I decided to hit up LIV. On my way there, feeling petty after witnessing her dire concern for Jayson, I called my cousin Mike, deciding to put an end to all of this. Melissa belonged in prison for killing Kal and me sleeping with her was only clouding my judgment. If I continued to fuck her, I would've thrown the whole plan away and I couldn't do that to Kal.  I couldn't break my promise to avenge his death. 

I told my cousin Mike about Melissa's whereabouts since the FBI had been trying to bring her in for questioning for years. With my influence, they would be waiting for her as soon as we landed in New York. It was the biggest mistake of my fucking life and I was just starting to realize it. When she finds out it was me, she would never speak to me again. 

"Anything, say anything." She was trying her hardest to muffle the tears that I knew she couldn't stop from falling down her face. "I know this might change your perception of me, or you might not be attracted to me anymore but-" Just when I thought my heart couldn't split anymore, I felt another little crack.

"No, baby, it's not that," I wanted to hold her. She looked so fragile like she had been carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders. I sat next to her and palmed her cheek. "I'm so sorry, I can't-."

"It wasn't easy, my mother died giving birth to me, soon after, my father spiraled," she paused for a second. "He would hardly ever speak to me. He would come in my room and touch me inappropriately but I never thought anything wrong of it, I mean he was my fucking Dad. That went on for a few years until I turned seven. That's when he-," she looked down, unable to look me in my eyes. "That's when he... That's when he raped me," I watched as her tears intensified. With every tear that fell from her face, a knot in my stomach formed. 

The motherfucker was lucky he was fucking dead. I thought back to all the times Kal & I hit up BDSM clubs in our twenties. How he was always so much rougher and domineering with women. 

Flashback 

"Yo, Thomas, come look at this pretty little thing right here."

I turned my head to see Kal towering over what looked to be a young girl viciously tied up with ropes, hanging upside down. Classic Kal, he was always a fan of Kinbaku, hard Kinbaku.