Chapter 20: Who Raped Her (Thomas)

I watched as the blood drained from her face and she went pale. It looked as if her soul had left her body and another had encompassed it. I didn't recognize her in the slightest and I couldn't even begin to understand. 

"GET OFF OF ME! GET OFF!," she rustled. "You're not punishing me! GET OFF! GET OUT!"

I had never seen that side of her before. She was frantic, trying her absolute hardest to free herself from my restraints. For the first time in my life, I felt disgust with my practice and I wanted no part in it. Consent had always been my main concern and seeing Melissa reject that turned me off immediately. At first, I thought she was just rejecting me. That she simply didn't want to be with me. I thought she refused to believe that she belonged with me, like this but after her meltdown, I was most definitely sure that was no longer the case. 

I quickly removed myself from on top of her and unfastened the ties that suspended her wrists. As soon as she was free, she jumped straight off the bed and began pacing around the room. I had never seen someone get up so quick in my life. All I could see was a singular teardrop fall as her cheeks blushed bright red. 

"Are you okay?," I asked reluctantly.

She looked back at me immediately. I found terror, fear and solemn in her eyes. "I like you, Thomas. I really like you but I can't give you what you want. I can't be the woman you're looking for."

"Why?," I began walking towards her. "Why?"

"You don't get it, I have a past." I already knew she had a past, what I didn't understand was what it had to do with us. 

"I don't care about your past, Melissa. I just want to be with you," for the little time I had at least.  

"Please, Thomas, you need to go."

I picked up my pants and dragged them up my body, sadness clouding over what could have been a beautiful night. I put on my black v-neck and picked up my scotch glass, heading towards the door. Before reaching it, I turned around and looked back at her. 

"This is going to happen, Melissa. I promise," then I walked out hoping she would follow. To my demise, she didn't.

I stood outside her door for ten seconds with my back pressed against it, hoping she would come out. When she didn't, I unlocked the door into my suite and walked towards the bedroom to change.

 It was only 10pm and I wasn't going to waste a night out in Miami especially since I was already buzzed and my head was spinning in circles after our encounter. If a sexual release was off the table for me, I definitely didn't mind releasing the tension in other ways. 

I switched my clothes out for some black jeans and a black suede sweater. I was about to hit up LIV, Miami's best night club to forget about my tragedy, Ms. Melissa Maddox. The woman I detested and adored all at the same time. She was driving me absolutely insane and I had no fucking control over it, the reminder was eating me alive and all I wanted to was a release. 

I needed to get away from her but most of all, I needed to forget her. It was more than obvious that my plan of seducing her wasn't going to work. Although in the midst, it didn't feel like a plan. It felt like pure fire and passion finally coming together. Exactly how it should've been. Instead, it was like I was the one being fucking seduced. She had me wrapped all over her little finger and she hardly fucking knew it. I was finally beginning to realize that this whole thing was one sided. I had to get away from her. I had to speed up the plan. For all I knew, she was on to me.

I picked up my phone and dialed Jace. "Lets go, Jace. You didn't think I was going to have you spending the night in Miami inside?"

He chuckled, "You got it, boss. I'll bring the car around."