Basketball Tournament

Joven was away for a week because of his basketball tournament. He's the team captain for the school's team.

Johanna on the other hand spent time with her girl friends and some boy friends. She missed Joven's company.

"Hi Johanna, would you like to join us tonight. We're having a party at home for my birthday." Mark ask her.

Mark was a senior student who's a friend with Johanna's girl friends. She just met him twice or thrice around school.

Johanna was a bit hesitant to join them as they were her new friends.

"Come on Johanna, join us. It's mostly the people from school you might not feel out." Fia encouraged her.

"If it's okay then I'll join." She said.

"Okay see you tonight then." Mark answered.

"Hey Fia, are you sure it's gonna be fine if I join you guys."

"Of course girl. I'll pick you up okay? Let's go together."

It will be Johanna's first time to attend a party of a school mate who's not even her friend. She thought it would be much better if Joven was there too. She always feel secure with him around.

The party already started when they arrived so they just head directly to an ampty table near the buffet area. Mark appeared infront of them and welcomed them.

"I thought you guys wouldn't come. I've been waiting for you. Please feel at home and serve yourselves." Mark said as he led both Fia and Johanna to the buffet table.

"Everyone already got their first share so hurry and grab yours now. Here try this." He continued entertaining them.

The food was excellent. The guests were friendly. The host was awesome. Johanna like the overall party. Fia excused herself as Mark and Johanna were talking.

"Thanks for coming Johanna. It was a short notice I thought you wouldn't come." Mark said.

"You seemed sincere when you invited me as a side guest, so I tried to tag along." Both of them laughed.

"I didn't have the chance to invite you as you were always with Joven. I thought he wouldn't like his girlfriend to be with somebody else." Mark threw a short smile.

"I'm just kidding." He continued before Johanna could defend herself.

"Where did you get the idea that I'm his girlfriend?" She asked.

"Nothing. It was only my own thoughts as I always see you guys stick together. Hahaha. So you guys are nothing?" He asked.

"Yeah. There's nothing between us. We're just best friends. He's the first friend I have in school. He took care of me on my first day."

"I see. If that's the case, can I invite you again next time?"

"Of course." She assured Mark.

-----

Mark became Johanna's friend after that party. He would join her at lunch and sometimes sees her at break time. Johanna started to be friends with many others that she met and mingled with during the party. She's nice and sweet and everyone likes her.

"I don't think we can still see each other when Joven comes back nextweek." Mark was a bit worried one break time when both of them bumped into each other in the school cafe.

"Why not. It's not as if he won't let me be friends with you. Why would he do that?"

"Would you still have time for me then?"