Strangers

Happening this whole week was the sports week for Silverlake High School.

On Monday, Johanna went to school early as she needed to make sure all the team's participants for today's events were present and prepared. Mark was in her house team and he was in there early too.

"Hey Johanna, how are you, I haven't seen you in a while."

"Oh yeah? As if the school was really huge. What's up with you?"

"Hey, how are you and your man? You both okay?"

"My man? Who do you say my man?" She asked puzzled.

"Joven, your man. He confronted me about us." He gestured as if about both him and Johanna.

"He did? What's with him. There's nothing between us."

"Seriously? He asked me what was it between you and me. And I said, well, we just knew each other and became friends recently."

"How did he ask you that? Did he fight with you? Did he hurt you?"

"Oh, no no, he asked me in a nice way. So no worries."

Johanna sighed as her shoulder dropped.

"Why, did something happen?" Mark asked.

"No, nothing happened." She smiled.

Mark liked her because she's kind and she talks in a nice manner. She's sensible. He watched her as she kept busy for the school events today.

Every participant for today's event was ready and Johanna was so happy about it. So she went her way to the flea market to find something to fill her empty stomach. Someone from behind suddenly blindfolded her.

"Sorry Johanna, someone paid for you for the blind date."

"Oh my gush, am I not exempted?"

She asked jokingly as they headed back to the date venue. She was thinking who could that be? Joven? Why does he keep on bothering me?

She was shocked to see Mark as she entered the private room.

"Have a seat. Did I enterrupt you?" He asked.

"I was heading to find something to feed my rumbling stomach."

"I knew you didn't have breakfast so I prepared these for you."

She looked at him because she was touched by his actions. He just smiled as they both locked their eyes to each other.

"I'm hungry. Shall we?" He gestured as if asking her to start eating.

"Oh, I love this. Is this being sold in the flea market?" She mumbled as she started eating the cheesy beef baked mac.

"Uhumm.." He answered.

"This is perfect. Thank you very much Mark. I owe you a dinner." She happily sipped her strawberry milktea and continued eating.

Mark watched her as she joyfully partake her food. He was glad she liked what he prepared for her. Then he continued eating.

When both were done eating:

"So what's the drama here?" She teasingly asked Mark.

"Nothing, I just thought you deserved a good meal after all the effort you did this morning. You came to school super early to make sure everyone is ready and everything is in place."

"Ahhh, that's too sweet of you. Thank you very much Mark. I really appreciate this."

"Ahmmm, Johanna, I know you're busy but do you have time for dinner tonight?"