The Pageant

As the sports week was on going, Johanna and the rest of the students were busy. The red team so far has garnered the most score among 4 house teams. Johanna was very glad about it.

Joven was kind of sad and of course guilty of what he's done to Johanna. Now that he's loosing her, he regret everything that had happened in the past. He knew it was just out of his impulse. He was a spoiled brat and he realized it was so wrong to always get what he wanted. He regret everything but it was too late because he already drove her away.

She's just around the area as they're together in the team but he hasn't talked to her since Monday, the day of the final rehearsal. He promised he wouldn't bother her anymore but he couldn't just ignore her. He always watched her and he knew she's suffering from what he's done.

"Thank you for today scribe. You deserve a treat. -Team Captain-"

Johanna was surprised to see this as she went back to where she was seated after seeing their participants for tomorrow's event. She looked around but couldn't find Joven. He was secretly watching her. He's glad she found what he's left for her. He then went out of the room.

As she's walking home, he was secretly following her from a distance until she reached home first.

He then came to a realization. How come he didn't see her parents yet ever since they moved in. It's been almost a year but still it seems like she's alone all the time.

She reached home tired for the day. She fell asleep the moment she laid down on her bed right when she came. She heard a knock on her door and wondered who could be her visitor at this hour. It's already 6pm and she realized she's still in her school clothes.

"I'm sorry to disturb you." Joven said when she opened the door.

"Why are you here?"

"I thought you didn't have dinner yet as there was no light from your kitchen."

She was looking tired and lonely. That's what he has observed. His heart aches as he realized how lonely her life must be.

"I've prepared this. Can I have dinner with you?" He said as he set the table and prepared the food for both of them. He noticed that her kitchen was so dry and barely used. He also noticed that it looked like she just woke up from a nap.

"Are you okay? You looked tired." He asked.

"Uhmm." Was her only response as she sat opposite him.

"What time do your parents usually arrive home? I want to meet them."

She was surprised as he asked her unexpected questions about her parents.

"They never arrived since we moved here."

He was startled by her answer. She smiled shyly and sadly as tears started to fill her eyes and she tried to blink them away. He looked at her shocked. Realizing how hard her life must be. Adding what he did to her previously. He bowed his head down. He was too shy and guilty. He didn't know what to say. Or what to do. He simultaneously went beside her and hugged her. Hugged her so tight without saying anything.

She was about to breakdown but she realized why would she. She's overcome everything already and she's made it totally fine without anyone's help. She made it even when he's pushing her down and hurting her. Yes she's fine and she doesn't need his pity.

"Are you okay?" He asked her but he already broke down.

"Yeah." She replied with a sigh. She was holding her emotions.

He looked at her feeling soooo guilty. So he hugged her again. He promised he will never asked sorry again but this time, this is all he could say.

"I'm so sorry Johanna. I didn't realize how hard your life must be."