Sorry

Joven sat on the sofa in Johanna's house as he was contemplating about what was going on between them. He hated what he saw in the gym during their championship game but he never see her with Mark alone in school. In fact Johanna was always trying her best to talk to him but he turned her down and hated her and punished her for no reason.

After a few minutes, he went back to check on her. She didn't eat her lunch yet. So Joven went closer and started feeding her.

"Why are you still here. I told you to just go."

"I'm sorry Johanna."

She shook her head and said: "No you're not sorry. You enjoyed what you were doing to me. My hardship was your happiness. So don't pretend you're sorry." Tears began to fall. Joven wiped her tears as he was also feeding her.

She only finished half of her lunch. Her appetite has disappeared. Joven gave her fruit juice. After she finished drinking, he put the glass away and sat beside her.

"Johanna, I'm really sorry for causing you this. How did you cut your leg?"

"On my way back I passed out and it fell on my leg." She was talking about the weeder. "I told you I was sick but you insisted that I go with you. And you just left me alone with the weeder. You're too insensitive."

He was speechless. What she said was true.

"I'm sorry it was just a misunderstanding."

"What have you misunderstood that caused you to punish me this much? Huh?"

"That day in the gym. I saw you were alone with Mark. You were sitting closely next to each other. I was so depressed. I was surprised to see the school sending support but I was more surprised to see you both."

"And what does it have to do with you? I met him on his birthday party. My friends invited me over to their house. We became friends, that's all."

"Yeah, I confirmed with him this morning. Will you forgive me?"

"That's okay, at least I now came to know what kind of person you are. And I don't want to suffer anymore when I'm with you. So don't expect me to stay friends with you after all these. I've did my best to keep you with me but the more I talk to you the more you pushed me away."

He was listening to her heartaches.

"So I decided to keep my distance. I don't deserve the punishment you were imposing."

"Will you still be my scribe?"

"I will still be until the school year is over. Because I'll make sure my parents will send me back to my old school." Tears fell again.

"Johanna!" He uttered her name as he wiped the tears from her cheek. "I'm really really sorry. But please stay. It's already our last year next school year then we will graduate from high school together."

He held her hand. "Please stay Johanna."
He said in a soft voice.

----------

Back in school the next week:

Johanna didn't have the motivation in school today but she has to do it so that nobody will notice she's not in good terms with Joven. But she never talked to him anymore. At break time she'd rush outside quickly to the library and at lunch time she'd go back home and eat there. She didn't like eating in the school cafeteria anymore. And more importantly, she didn't want to see Joven much. Though they're sitting beside each other in the classroom but at least they're not talking.

After school that day, Johanna quickly made her way out of the school campus when she met Joven towards the gate bringing 2 milktea cups. He gave her the other one. She couldn't avoid but took it.