Reunited

Johanna was picking up some stationeries when she saw a familiar figure approached her. Joven was also surprised to see her around. He thought she'd already moved to another school. He invited her for a drink in a cafè.

"How are you doing?" Joven asked.

"I'm doing good."

"I never knew you left, went to your house and found out myself."

"Seriously? You broke in again?"

"Yeah, but the house was abandoned."

"Mmmm. Yah, I went with Mom when she visited me. She hired someone to monitor my movement and make sure I'm safe. And it turned out to be Mark. Reason why he suddenly came to my life. Made friends with me and got close to me."

"Seriously? So I was wrong all along."

"Uhmm." She just shrug.

He's feeling guilty again for what he's done to her.
"So will you be heading home from here? Let's go back together."

They arrived at Johanna's house and he helped carry her stuff from the car.

"Looks like you've brought the whole shop home."

"Hahaha, stop it, most of them are just out of impulse."

"Really, do you need all these?"

"I told you already. Stooppp."

Both laughed together. He was walking behind her so when she looked back, she almost tripped and he's so quick to catch her. He held her so that they're now too close to each other.

She's too close to him. They looked at each other's eyes.
"You said you'll wait for me till I cleared my mind?"

"Uhuh?"

"Can I come to you this time?"

Joven slowly held her tighter and nod his head and smiled for approval. He then hugged her a very long hug.

"I've been waiting for this moment to come. Thanks Johanna for coming back to me. I promise I'll never hurt you again."

He looked into her eyes as he said those words. She then hugged him and found comfort in his arms.

They held each other like that for quiet a long time.

"Oh, I need to keep the meat in the fridge."
She broke the silence as she stepped away.

"Wait, let me hold you a bit longer." He chased her as she went faster to put the meat and the vegetables that she also bought in the fridge.

He catched her just in time she closed the fridge door.

They're both looking at each other with smiles on the faces. Happy. Very happy.

He slowly lowered his chin in order to kiss her lips. She slightly tilted so that they both comfortably kiss each other.

"I'm so glad I found you once again. My lovely Johanna. Promise me you'll stay with me even at my worst?"

She nodded.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't even hug you when you were in pain. I so wanted to take care of you back then."

"You did take care of me didn't you?"

"Yeah but that wasn't enough."

"But you were still there even though I ignored you. You insisted to stay even when I pushed you away. That was already more than enough for me."

"How did you manage to survive. I couldn't imagine how hard your life was."

"Yeah, I was punished for no reason."