Parting Time

Summer Vacation

Joven tried to call Johanna to ask how she was doing but her number can't be reached. Did she change her number? It's been a while since he didn't see her. He was too worried now but he's hesitant to break into her house again. Yet if something happened to her it must be his responsibility as the nearest friend capable to protect her. So he slowly went to her house, knocked her door, but no one answered. He opened it and got inside, only to find out that the house was half empty. What? She's not here anymore. Where did she go? What has happened to her? Was she harmed? Kidnapped? Joven was too worried so he called Mark to ask him if he knew her whereabouts.

"This is Mark speaking."

"Hey, Mark, Joven here. Do you know where Johanna is?"

"Oh, I've been trying to reach her too but she's impossible. But from what I heard, she's now in Crystal with her mom."

"When did she leave?"

"I guess it's been a week. How come you don't know. I thought you're together?"

"What do you mean?"

"You and Johanna. Aren't you together?"

"You mean, you're not together?" Joven was confused.

"Me and Johanna? Are you serious? You've asked me about this already man?" Mark was surprised.

"I've seen you many times together."

"You've seen me drop her off right? And you immediately thought we're together?"

"Look, Mark. I've let her go because I thought it was you she chose. She dumped me all along. And I thought it was because she has you already."

Mark suddenly remember the day when he saw her infront of the grocery shop. She saw him and his girlfriend in his car. He also remembered Johanna asked her why did he invite her in his family dinner and why did he want her to meet his parents.

"Wait, what did you say? She dumped you because of me?"

"Not exactly but that's just my expectations." Joven answered him. "So you're not together?" He continued. "Okay, thanks for the information." He said that then hang up.

Mark was a bit surprised by the information he got.

Joven was full of regrets. He could have persuaded her and forced that he would protect her. Maybe she will agree eventually. It's too late now. She's not here anymore. He sent her a text saying "where have you gone? You made me worry about you. Call me when you read this."

On the other hand, Johanna was with her mom. She also met with her dad one time together with her sister. She's fascinated because the moment she talked to her sister it was like they knew each other for a long time. They like each other's company. She was better now than when she's alone in their home.

"So Mom, will you tranfer me out?"

"Sorry Johanna but your principal was right. It would be better for you to finish the last year in the same school. Aside from you're doing good in your academics, you also excel in the extra curricular activities."

It looks like she'll remain in the same school.

"Why, are you not happy in there anymore?"

"Nothing, I just thought it'd be better in here."

She said as if she wanted to say something but changed her mind.

"Good night Mom, I'm a bit tired today." She bade her goodbye and went in her room.

-----