Chapter 13

Jin POV:

"Are you absolutely insane?"  Namjoon's voice was almost shrill as I answered the call, barely giving me time to say hello

"Are you absolutely insane?" Namjoon's voice was almost shrill as I answered the call, barely giving me time to say hello. I held the phone away from my ear as I listened to him rant about how absolutely stupid I was for agreeing to this, how it was never going to work, how we were both going to end up hurt at the end. I could feel the irritation building up in me at his lack of support, but I knew deep down he was only trying to help me, trying to stop me from getting destroyed when the relationship ended up failing.

"Fuck Joon. You couldn't be a little more supportive? I don't know. Maybe tell me that things are going to be fine, that my relationship is going to be successful." The annoyance was clear in my voice and from the sigh on the other end of the line, I knew I had gotten to him, made him regret his words. It was not what I had wanted to do, but couldn't he at least pretend that everything was going to be okay? Pretend to be supportive? Pretend that I wasn't making a huge mistake?

Namjoon was silent for a moment and I knew he was thinking about what I said. "Look Jin. I'm sorry. I am. I've just seen too many people attempt long distance relationships and they end in flames. You're my friend and I want to see you happy." His voice trailed off and he was quiet again. "What did Y/N think of it all?"

"She was supportive. Told me that whatever makes me happy, would make her happy." Y/N's reaction had been exactly what I had expected it would be, exactly what I had thought.

"Really? I would have thought..." Namjoon's voice trailed off again and I could sense he wanted to say something else, but when he didn't continue, I wanted to reach through the phone and shake him.

"What? What are you thinking?"

"Nothing. Never mind. It's not my place to mention it."

I couldn't stop the eye roll, even though I should have known. I loved Namjoon, I really did, and there was no denying he was a great friend, but he was way too good at keeping things in, especially things he didn't think he should tell me, things he didn't think were his place to share with me. Sometimes it drove me crazy, but other times I understood it. At least I knew he would keep my secrets, if I ever had any. I went to ask him again, but knew he wouldn't say it if he wasn't ready, if he didn't think I needed to know.