Chapter 18

Y/N POV:

As I stuck my phone in my pocket, I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves

As I stuck my phone in my pocket, I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. I don't know why I was nervous waiting in the café for Jimin to arrive. The feeling was something that was new to me and didn't make any sense. We had eaten together so many times and had spent so much time together before so I wasn't sure what was so different this time around. The whole thing was strange and felt different. His response this morning had been sweet when I had asked him about why he left without saying goodbye. It had made my heart flutter in a way I wasn't used to, but something that was happening more and more frequently.

The bell above the door rang and the man who was occupying my thoughts stepped in. I would have thought he would show up in his coveralls since he was working, but he had changed out of them. He was wearing a soft looking sweater in a smoky grey, along with blue jeans and he looked as handsome as ever. His eyes caught mine and a smile broke out across his face, making that little tiny flutter return. Hurrying over to me, he hugged me and kissed my cheek before nudging me with his hip to scoot down so he could sit with me. "Sorry honey. I know I'm a couple of minutes late."

Patting his arm, I gave him a reassuring smile. "It's no big deal. Are you hungry?"

Jimin nodded then picked up his menu. "Starving. I skipped breakfast this morning so..." His words trailed off and I pinched his side, making him pout.

"You wouldn't have missed breakfast if you would have woken me up. I could have made you something." And I would have too. Jimin always did so much for me that I liked the chance to take care of him when I could, do the same for him that he did for me.

Laughing, Jimin bumped my shoulder with his. "Fine. I promise whenever I spend the night I will wake you up so you can make me breakfast. Sound fair?"

I went to nod my head, but then gave him a smile. "But what about when I spend the night at your house? Are you going to wake up and make me breakfast?"

"You never spend the night and I have to get up earlier than you." Jimin was silent for a moment. "How come you never spend the night at my place?"

Shrugging, I turned my attention back to the menu. "Good question, but it's probably because all your stuff is already at my apartment. You going to give me a drawer too?"

"Yep. One's already empty for you." Jimin's voice was matter of fact and I whipped my head to look at him. "What? Why do you look so surprised? You let me keep my stuff at your place, why wouldn't I do the same for you?"

His question made sense, but I remained silent. The server came and took our orders and I couldn't help but roll my eyes as she trailed her eyes over Jimin. I tried to not be jealous, but I couldn't help it. Unfortunately this happened anytime I went out with Jimin. However, unlike Jin, he never really paid attention to them, just ignored the blatant way they checked him out. After she left with a disappointed sigh, Jimin turned his attention back to me.