Chapter 21

Jimin POV:

"So how is everything going with Y/N?" Jungkook dropped an arm around my shoulders, the curiosity clear in his voice

I stuck my phone in my pocket and shoved his arm off my shoulder, trying to appear nonchalant about the whole situation, not wanting him to know how much Y/N's presence affected me, about how much I longed for her every damn day.  "It's fine.  She spent the last two nights at my apartment."  I tried to make the admission sound as though it wasn't important, but even I could hear the twinge of excitement in my voice and I knew Jungkook was definitely astute enough to pick up on it. 

The two nights with my best friend couldn't have gone any better.  Just like every other night, we had turned on a movie, but it had played unheard in the background as we talked.  Sometimes I don't even know why we bothered to watch them.  Even though Y/N had tried to tell me she was okay sleeping on the sofa, I insisted that she sleep in my bed.  I had spent enough nights in hers that it seemed only right for her to do the same thing. 

When I had woken up in the morning, she had been snuggled by my side, her arm resting over my waist and I hadn't been able to stop the fluttering in my stomach at the sight of her so close to me.  Although I had wanted to slowly kiss her awake, I knew she would be embarrassed to wake up like that so I had slid out of bed and distracted myself with making breakfast for her.  It was my quiet way of showing her just how good I could be to her, just how perfect we would be together.  I just wished she would realize it soon.

Jungkook studied me for a moment then let out a sigh.  "What's really on your mind?"  Before I could say anything, Jungkook held up a hand, seeing instantly that I was going to protest, that I was going to try and get out of it.  "And tell me the truth.  I'm your friend.  I know when you're lying to me."

I hesitated then nodded.  "Fine.  She went to lunch with Jin the other day.  Him and Namjoon."  Running a hand down my face, I tried to keep my voice calm, but the worry was lingering just underneath the surface.  "She was happy when she came back that night and I... I just don't want to see her get caught up in Jin again."

"You know it's going to be alright, don't you?  Y/N's a smart girl.  And like I told you before, I don't think she has the feelings for Jin that you think she does.  Part of me thinks it's more an infatuation than love."

"I'm in agreement with Kook on this one."  The sound of Morgan's voice had us both turning to see him standing there, arms crossed over his broad chest.

Raising an eyebrow, I focused curious eyes on him.  "What do you mean?"

Morgan shook his head then dropped his arms.  "I've seen that girl enough around you to know that her feelings for you are not just friendly.  She brings you coffee, brings you lunch, just takes care of you."

"But she brings coffee for you too."  I tried to justify Y/N's behavior, not wanting to get my hopes up in believing something that wouldn't turn out to be true.