Sasuke's Answer

Chapter 45

Y/n's Pov

We all listened to Hashirama as he told his backstory about he and another guy named Madara Uchiha founded the leaf village, the war between the Senju's and Uchiha's, etc...
However, this Madara guy became evil which let them to fight eachother. In the End, Hashirama killed him. Or so he thought..

Sasuke stared blankly at him.

"That's right..." Hashirama started. "The village that Madara and I first envisioned..."

Big word.

"...is something that joined one clan together. It was an invaluable cornerstone that created order out of chaos, then maintained it."

"It protected the children and averted pointless conflict. It made peace a reality. However..it gave rise to despair, the kind that your brother Itachi was forced to bear. Perhaps what Madara said was correct, after all."

We all kept quiet and listened.

Wow. This was more serious than I thought. Hm, I almost feel bad about making fun of Sasuke. Almost.

"Perhaps he saw this state of affairs. I am the shinobi who created these circumstances. Furthermore, I am also the one who considered them acceptable. I believe that shinobi are those who endure for a purpose. But depending on what that purpose is, a shinobi can change...Just as Madara an I did." Hashirama finished.

"Shinobi..." Sasuke mumbled.

I dozed off after that. They were speaking big words and it got boring.

Sasuke started talking which, to me, went through deaf ears. That is, until a word stuck out.

"It's the infinite Tsukuyomi." My interest had risen a little. I wonder what it means.

"Where village, shinobi, and citizens are all irrelevant. He intends to put everyone under genjutsu and manipulate them as he sees fit..."

Sasuke glared at the ground. "...to negate everything that my older brother, Madara's younger brother...and all of you have tried to protect."

Why are these people so tall?...I should really be taking this seriously.

I crossed my arms and looked at Sasuke from the corner of my eyes.

'They must be trying to talk him into joining them against Tobi and this Madara guy..but if they go then what about me? Of course I'm strong and can fight!...but I'm still a kid. And these guys must've been training since before I even existed! Just thinking about this makes me nervous.'

'But what about Hinata and cousin Neji? I'm pretty sure they're going to fight. I'm not on the best terms with the others after that little incident, but I don't want my older siblings to get hurt or worse...'

'That seals it. I'm joining!"

<End of Pov>

After Sasuke's conversation with the past Hokage, the first Hokage had finally convinced him to joined them in the war and fight on the side of the Leaf. The side of good.

Sasuke, after finding out the truth about Itachi and everything he's been through, finally decided to end his evilness and protect the village that his elder brother tried to do.

Hashirama smiled.

"Then it's settled."