Chapter 7: The Ballet recital

Everyone makes comments about Becky like "she's so cute" "awww look at her" "don't you just love her)

Dante: "talking about the teacher" I want to arrest her for disturbing the peace. In my pants.

Becky starts doing a solo

Cassie: She's got a solo? What?

After the recital

Roxanne: It's fine. I just wish that you would give me more than eight hours notice before you tell me that we're throwing a party, babe.

Lenny: It's not a party. Get out of here. It's a couple people coming by. Come on.

Becky: How'd you like it?

Cassie: You were great, honey. Hey! Where did you learn to dance like that?

Teacher: She moves like "Yagger," no?

Lenny: Yes, she does, she moves like Mick Yagger? Is that what you were saying?

Guy: Hey, butter buns, you ready to grab some eats?

Teacher: Yes.

Lenny: Cavanaugh.

Tommy: Lenny Feder, I'll be damned.

Lenny: Honey, this is Tommy Cavanaugh. He was my old steroid that I grew up with. This is my...

Roxanne: Wife, Roxanne.

Becky: Why are your hands shaking, Daddy?

Lenny: My hands are shaking? Probably because I had too much coffee this morning, sweetheart.

Tommy: I heard you been running around saying you could take me in a fight.

Lenny: You... I wouldn't say that.

Tommy: Yeah, you did, this morning in Kmart.

Lenny: Kmart? Was I there? I don't think I was there.

Tommy: You know, all I can remember about this guy is smacking him around whenever I wanted to, and him not doing a single thing about it

Lenny: Yeah, we had a lot of good times like that growing up.

Becky: Why is your voice so shaky, Daddy? Are you crying?

Lenny: You don't stop talking, do you?

Tommy: Honey, we should be getting going.

Teacher: Sure, baby.

Tommy: I want you to stop making up lies about kicking my ass or I'm gonna have to set you straight.

Lenny: Sure, sure, sure. I'll see you around.

Teacher: Becky, you be having great summer.

Lenny: I was one inch away from knocking that guy out, and I swear to God.

Becky: No, you weren't.

Lenny: This is grown-up talk, so butt out!

Cassie just stands there trying not to laugh

With everyone

Eric: That's insane! What did you say to him?

Lenny: I said, "Hey, Cavanaugh, you speak to me like that again "in front of my wife and kids, I will brush your teeth with a brick."

Becky: No, you didn't. You just yelled at me.

Lenny: I don't yell at you!

Cassie: dad just. Calm down.

Lenny: No, I'm just saying. You guys were in the bathroom.

Dickey: Look who's here, everybody. 20 VOSS waters, right?
That's how they do it in Hollyweird. I don't know.

Cassie: We haven't lived there in, what, 10 months now or something?

Roxanne: As a matter of fact, our son starts work here tonight.

Dickey: I know. I heard you brown-nosed Mr. Pappas and now Showbiz Junior's got a job.

Lenny: I used to scoop cones here, and why shouldn't he? It's a great first job for a kid. Or lifetime job.

Dickey: Okay, what are we having?

Sally: Becky, what do you want, hon?

Becky: Can I have the soft chocolate cup, please?

Dickey: Here's a word you probably never heard, no. The machine's busted, princess.

Marcus: Aw, bummer, it's broken? Like all your dreams? You know what, it's easy to fix. I can help you with that.

Dickey: What do you know about fixing ice cream machines, Higgins?

Marcus: Uh, I went to DeVry for a year.

Lenny: Oh, that's right.

Marcus: I can fix anything with a plug.

Dickey: Including your hair?

Marcus: That's not true. I don't even know how that got started. That's, like, people are saying that around town. I'll walk you through it. You just walk up, climb up the machine, lean over the back.

Dickey: Can't believe I'm listening to this idiot.

Marcus: You're gonna see two pipes coming into the top. Yes! In between them, there's gonna be a silver button. Hit it a little bit. Push hard. No. Hit it with your fist. Yeah, just push the button. I got it. There we go! I think we're getting somewhere. Okay, keep going. Yeah, that... Force it. That's it.

Dianne: Hey! Why is Dickie crapping all over the ice cream stand?

Dickey: What'd she say?

Eric: Nothing! Nothing! Go! Just go! Go, Dickie!

Bean: That's where ice cream comes from?