Chapter 15: The Party

With the Feders

A few hours later Cassie came out of surgery just fine and when she woke up she told her parents to still have the party, they tried to fight with Cassie but she insisted. (It's only 7 O'clock) (Lenny told the others not to come)

At the store

Lenny: Used to get 10 cases of beer for my parties, now I get 10 cases of juice boxes.

?: Hey, Beckster.

Becky: Hey, Stud Muffin. Hey. Mommy calls him Stud Muffin, so I call him Stud Muffin.

Lenny: Is that right?

?: You must be Roxanne's husband. I'm Kyle.

Lenny: How do you know my wife again there, Mud Stuffin?

Kyle: I worked her out this morning.

Lenny: Oh, really? I worked her out this morning, too, pretty good. All right.

Penny: Hi.

Lenny: What's up? Penny: This is awkward. My husband's here.

Lenny: Why is that awkward?

Penny: Why? Well, let me give you a hint *points to her hair*.

Lenny: You have brain damage?

Penny: I think we both know what time it is, don't we?

Wiley: What time is it?

Penny: Oh, nothing. It's just...Just time to...

Lenny: I'm lost right now. I'm sorry. Wiley, how'd Andre McKenzie do? Did he pass his test?

Wiley: He squeaked by. We didn't check out any soapy cheerleaders. What's going on with you and my wife?

Kyle: I'm gonna go.

Lenny: Actually, why don't we all go our separate ways. I don't see any of these conversations working out for me.

Kyle: I'll see you tonight.

Penny: Hey I'll bring the Hubba Bubba.

Lenny: What?

Wiley: Yeah, party tonight '80s-style, huh? Rocky III.

Roxanne: Okay Hey, babe. What does Penny's note say?

Lenny: Uh...She wrote, "Mayonnaise, zitis..."

Roxanne: The other side.

Lenny: "Meet me by your mailbox at 11:00. "Why would I meet herby my mailbox at 11:00?

Roxanne takes the paper and puts it in her mouth before walking away.

Lenny: You have any idea what just happened there?

Becky: Not a clue.

At the ice cream place

Dickey: I don't care who your parents are. You screw up, I fire you.

Greg: It's all good.

Dickey: "It's all good"? It's a family restaurant, not a rap show.

Greg: It's all bad?

Dickey: That's right, it is. You got a customer.

Greg: I'm sorry. Welcome to the Ice Cream House.

?: Hi, Greg.

Greg: *Squeezes the ice cream cones* Nancy, hi.

Nancy: I think you crushed your cones.

Greg: Oh, no. That was a...That was a squeeze test. These cones failed. We're gonna try cardboard cones next. You're smiling. And number two. You have such a nice smile.

Nancy: Thanks.

Greg: Go out with me tonight before your friends say I'm fugly.

Nancy: Tonight? Sure.

Greg: No freaking way.

Dickey: Your father used to do that same 3-step crap when we were growing up. It always worked then.

With Charlotte and Bumpty

Bumpty: I ain't no boy with a mind you can toy, 'cause if this is a ploy, I'll destroy Illinois.

Charlotte: It is so amazing how you can freestyle like that.

Bumpty: I been laying it down truthful since day one.

Charlotte: Well, I sing sometimes, too, but only, like, in the shower. I'm scared to sing in front of other people.

Bumpty: If you scared, that means you don't got it. Sorry to be blunt, but I don't front. I'm hard-core. *Sees frog* Dinosaur!

At the Feders

Becky: How long ago was the '80s?

Keithie: That was way back in the 1900s. We learned about it in school. It was wack. The phones had long, curly things coming out of the end. You had to watch commercials.

Becky: No way.

Keithie: Isn't that right, Bowser?

Lenny: How we doing?

Keithie: Hey, Dad, why do we have to wear costumes and you don't?

Lenny: I am wearing a costume. Bruce Springsteen, Born in the U.S.A.

Becky: Who's Bruce Springsteen?

Keithie: I guess some guy with a giant butt.

Lenny: You don't know who the Boss is? I stink as a father.

Roxanne: You do not stink as a father. You're the best father I know. That's why I don't understand why you don't...

Lenny: Why I don't want a baby? Because I don't want one! Let's move on from that!

Roxanne starts crying and she runs upstairs

Keithie: Tell her it wasn't you talking, Dad. It was your flabby ass.

Lenny: You want me to "accidentally" break the other leg?

Lenny walks up stairs after Roxanne

Lenny: Hey, I'm sorry I raised my voice. Roxanne: In front of the children!

Lenny: Right, in front of the kids. It's just, you...All you're doing is bringing up this baby thing over and over. Are you going through, like, a "womany" hormone situation or something? Menopause? *Roxanne makes a face* What, you're not old enough for that? I'm sorry. Okay, no, I meant schizophrenia. No, honey, honey, honey, if we have another baby, we're starting over, you know? How about we just adopt a kid? Like a 20-year-old who has a job. That way we could make money off of him. Oh! I just... Don't you think we can start concentrating on me and you? That's all I'm saying. It's our time.

Roxanne: Well, l am going through kind of a hormone thing.

Lenny: Ah, good, there's pills for that.

Roxanne: I'm pregnant. *Bell rings* Our guests are here.

Lenny: Wait a minute, when did we even have...Oh. Damn you, Motel 6 hot tub!