Chapter 4

Bright had enough of talking about his marriage. He didn’t come out to get convinced that it was a stupid decision. He could have stayed in his apartment and convinced himself that it's just a matter of 25 years. And right now he doesn’t want to think about it, he wants to get drunk and forget all about this god awful day, he wants a distraction a solid one. Bright ask the man beside him after too much silence "Why did you become a lawyer?". Win scoffs and for a moment Bright doesn’t think the lawyer is going to answer his question but he will not blame him, Bright himself sort of crashed the lawyer night as much as the lawyer crashed his.  But then Bright heard Win said "I wanted to help people. I thought I could make a real difference in the world this way". Bright laugh and teased "while, You’re writing up other people marriage contracts".

Win snort at Bright "Please....fucking luck isn’t always holding your cards. You know that as much as anybody else". Bright nods sincerely, it’s a fair enough comment then ask  "So how did you end up doing it?".  Win respond after sipping his drink "This is not a cutthroat city. There’s a lot of people going for the same jobs. Someone I knew offered me a job as soon as I passed the Bar and that was that. I just never left". Bright shoot another question quickly "What would you do if you weren’t doing this?".

Win gives Bright a sideways glance, Win understood what Bright is trying to do and he was ready to go along with it. Win shrug saying "Probably criminal justice. I still could but you know, this is stable, it pays well and it’s varied. I’m not making the impact I wanted to make but you know, you don’t always get what you want in life". Bright quietly replied "I’ll drink to that". He gulped down his drink. There’s not many people in the bar still, the bartender fills up their drinks as soon as their glass got empty. While Bright appreciates it, but he knew he's probably racking up a hell of a bill.

This time Win ask Bright "So what about you? Was your always  plan to be a scientist?". Bright doesn’t question how Win knows about his profession. He probably knows a lot about him so he  just answered "I don’t even know. I think it was always just expected of me. I don’t think I’ve had an original thought in my life". Win frowns and said "Don’t say that". Win reach out and he covers Bright's hand under his. Bright whole hand engulf under Win's and he felt warm. He feels safe and nice, it’s not a feeling Bright is used to from other. Win ask again "Seriously though, if you could be anything, what would you do?".

Bright never given any thought about it. It was always a given he would take over his pharmaceutical company, that’s the entire reason he exists. His parents wanted him to go to college, he should have taken that time to just have some fun, instead he decided to be logical and do something productive with his time. So he studied chemistry and went to grad school. It was pretty much a given that he will get a job in the research centre, but he was always a topper of his class. Bright shook his head and said "I have no idea". Win softly ask Bright "Come on, it's not that hard... try to think atleast....anything in the world Angel. What would you do?".

Bright tried his best to ignores Win calling him Angel and he focus to actually think of what he would do if he had a choice. If he hadn’t spent his life being the perfect child to his parents then Bright started "I’d be an photographer or  I’d be a singer or just make art all day and ....I don’t know, maybe I’d like to have a photo gallery or something". Win grin "Wonderful, That’s more like it, and not completely unreasonable either". Bright snorts again saying "I think it’s a bit unreasonable though".

Win just shrugs "There’s plenty of artist and photographer out there. There’s no reason you can’t be one of them. Most of them aren’t even that good". Bright sigh responding "Well, it’s completely hypothetical. It’s never going to happen". Win saw the sad face  Bright made.  He squeezes Bright hand, it just makes to face the reality more harder knowing what he could have been in his life.