Chapter 6

Bright body felt like jelly and Win collapsed on Bright. He held Bright close and flipped their position once again and rubs Bright back as he kissed the side of Bright head and ask him hoarsely "You good?" Bright nodded, he was unable to speak. After few minutes Win pulled away from Bright and Bright curled up on the bed as Win got up and removed the used condom from himself. He tied it off before wrapping it in a tissue then dropped it into the garbage bin. Then Win head towards the other door inside Bright's bathroom. Bright silently watched the lawyer as the light turned on inside his bathroom and he soon heard running water.

Once it stopped, Win came out of the bathroom and held out a small wet towel to Bright saying "Here. This should get rid of the sweat and stickiness". Bright blink and whispered "Thank you". He took the towel from Win and ran it over his body. Then he held out the towel again, Bright arm was shaking he softly said "Here you go". Win took the towel back and ran it over his own body before placing it in the laundry basket. Win then joined Bright in bed wrapping his arm around Bright's back and holding him close softly muttering "Goodnight, Angel". Bright also whispered back "Goodnight, Win" and he let his eyes closed without thinking much about his rollercoaster kind of day. Bright comfortably snuggled against Win and Win obliged, holding Bright closer as sleep pulled both of them into its sweet embrace.

Next morning Bright open his eyes and he was amazed looking Win still in his apartment. He was certainly not complaining though, it was the best night he’s had in a long time and he’s sure he wasn’t supposed to hook up with the lawyer who is sorting out his complicated arranged marriage, but there’s nothing normal about his life anyway, so why can’t he have a little fun with it? Bright murmured very softly "Good Morning". He then turned completely to look at Win morning face.

Win voice was low and gravel with sleep, he respond with sweet smile "Morning Angel". Bright smile in return there's something warm about this chilling morning. Bright quietly said "I  didn’t expect you to still be here". Win reverted "Sorry to disappoint you".  Bright laughs at that and said "I’m not disappointed, just surprised....it’s a nice surprise though.... Do you want breakfast?". Win rubs his sleep away and he reached for Bright wrapping his hand again pulling Bright closer to himself and said "I slept better last night than I have in a long time..... Can you cook?". Bright answered "It’s amazing what good sex and a decent mattress does. And I can cook eggs toast and pancakes but you can only pick one". Win kisses Bright's hair with a shake of his head muttering "I’ll cook breakfast. You stay there".Win immediately left the bed and finds his boxer and shirt off the floor. Bright also wraps himself up in the blankets, Win did tell him to stay put, and who is he to deny the pretty face?.

Bright apartments felt warm despite the cold February day outside. Bright's was happy to watch the cold morning  through his window and coming down the smell of pancakes and eggs cooking  into his bedroom from kitchen. In his world this is the ideal morning, it’s just perfect to start the day with someone who treats him better than everyone and he doesn’t let the reality of the situation clouded his mind just yet inside his ugly head. Win brings Bright and his breakfast in bed and they sit side by side, talking wrapped up in the cover to keep their body warm. Bright keeps thinking at any moment Win is going to leave, but he doesn’t. He spends his whole day with Bright in his apartment, too cold to go outside. He kisses him several times like he means it and listens everything when he talks. It wasn’t supposed to be like this, but when Win finally leaves he makes sure to put the lawyer out of his mind.

Bright decided to think that this weekend was nothing but just a casual one night stand, his last act of rebellion before his 25 years of being Josh's wife. They exchange numbers before Win gets ready to left Bright's apartment. Bright thought Win is just being polite to him.  He knows his situation, hell he wrote up his damn marriage contract. When Bright said his goodbye he expected that it was the last time they met. When Win was gone on Sunday night Bright tried his hardest not to think about the lawyer and the wonderful weekend he spend with him. Bright was right from the start, Win got a face that would break his heart without a second thought.

Bright was pleasantly surprised when  he received Win text message. He doesn’t expected Win to text him on the very Monday morning while he’s at work. Nothing of something great or importance either, just asking how his days going and did he had breakfast.  Their texts didn't stop for the whole day and next couple of days asking each other about their lunch, dinner this and that everything under the sun but the marriage contract and Win didn't wanted to forget about the weekend he spend with Bright at all. For Bright, Win was making it damn hard to forget and soon Bright finds himself not wanting to forget about the lawyer anymore either. It’s was a dangerous game he’s was playing, he knew he should stop before either of them get hurt.

But he couldn't help on Friday morning Win asks Bright What he’s doing this weekend and the reality comes crashing back again, because Bright has a date with Josh on Friday night. A date he really.. really would rather not have, but that’s his life now. Friday night comes and he gets ready alone in his room after coming back from his work he doesn’t know when he’s supposed to be moving in with Josh, but he imagines he won’t be staying with his freedom alone forever. His mother wanted a May wedding, it’s only three months away but he knows they can pull it off.

The restaurant Josh chose to take Bright is nothing less than ridiculously expensive, Bright convinced no one actually comes here for the food just because it’s the place to be. So it doesn’t surprise him that Josh chose this place only because he cares more about status than anything. Considering this is their first date for what is potentially the rest of their lives, Josh wasn't trying  too hard to make a good impression on Bright. He supposes Josh doesn’t have to make a good impression though, Josh already got him they’re legally bound to each other and it’s for the best, that’s what he keeps telling himself. It’s stable and sensible, it’s how his life was always supposed to go this way only. Bright can’t help but think it could have been so much different if only... but it's too late and there’s no use in dwelling on the what ifs and what could have been his life with someone else. Suddenly Bright came out of his thoughts when he heard Josh said "I’ve got us an apartment sorted". Bright had no say in this whatsoever, and he shouldn’t be surprised it was expected. Josh then continue "It’s on the upper east side. It needs some decorating doing but I’ll leave that to you, just find an interior designer....I’ve got no interest in it, do whatever you like it".

So this is how his life is going to be from now, Josh finding things for him to show an interest in so he doesn’t have to. Bright should have expected it but it’s still felt disappointing. Then Josh ask "Have you decided on a date for the wedding?"  though Bright can already tell from Josh tone that he’s really not that interested in wedding it’s just a date for his diary he's asking. Bright inform "We’re thinking the second weekend in May, is that alright for you?".

It’s such a strange thing to be talking so casually about their wedding like it’s not even theirs. Neither of them will really have an input to what’s going to be it's like, Pam probably pick out his dress and the colour scheme, but other than that it’s just a social event for both of them. It will probably kick off wedding season. Pam knows what she’s doing by having May wedding, it’s setting the bar in their society. Josh then sigh and said "I suppose you’ll want an engagement ring or something too" he said  like it’s the worst thing he could possibly think of on their first date. Bright smile and said "Well I’m certainly not opposed to you buying me jewellery". Josh almost laugh.....almost and replied "Okay fine, we’ll sort out a date and go to a jewellers, get a ring sorted". Bright retorted "How romantic!".

Josh looks over Bright face critically,
Bright is sure they’ve been spotted here by some paparazzi it’s going to be all around the news and ladies lunches tomorrow. Josh then said "I’m sure you didn’t come into this agreement for the romance". Bright softly agrees "No, no I didn’t. However I’m still not saying no to a nice diamond ring". Josh deadpans "The sky’s the limit Bright". Bright understood what will comes next. As long as the things keeps you quiet.

Don't forget to share your thoughts my lovelies ❤️💚