Chapter 10

From the first meeting Bright already knows that their wedding planner is ridiculously efficient and expensive. Especially with how confidant he is at his work proves it all. He'll be able to have everything organized in less than 2 months. Bright doesn't think it's all that feasible but this isn't his profession to think about. Green ask "Will your fiance be joining us?" The wedding planner  seems to have an idea still he ask at their first meeting. The wedding announcements have gone out to Public and their engagement is in the newspaper, it feels more and more real every passing day that he's actually going to get married. Josh has made it clear that he's not interested in the planning, he couldn't care less about the wedding and theme and it's Bright's department he can choose whatever he likes.

Bright answered Green with polite smile "No, he's busy with work It's just going to be me. He'll just turn up on the day and do as he's told". Bright's doubt that, he is not sure if Josh will do as he told, but if he wants the company then there's no choice left and he'll turn up. Green is experienced and planned plenty of wedding around in their circle. He must be used to it though. He know there's only two reasons couples rush into a marriage like this, and Bright is sure as hell he's not pregnant. Green response back "That's fine, Pam said you were looking at May dates, was there any particular venues you were looking at?". Bright answer "It's kind of last minute, I know there's probably not going to be that many places available so we'll just look at whatever you can do". Bright hopes the rest of the wedding planning is as easy as this. Perhaps once upon a time in his life he was excited thinking about having his own thought about wedding, but those were different days. Bright and Green finalize wedding venue, catering and peach for bridesmaids dresses and the floristry of same sort of colours, maybe including bit of green?

Soon Green scramble out to find good vendors available for the big day but
there's so much more to go through other than this and wedding only a few months away. By the time they've finished, the wedding's was well on the track, but Bright was exhausted at the end of the day All he wanted to do is to go home and sleep the day off. But when Bright reached his apartment Win was already waiting outside his door for him. Bright didn't got the time to take off his engagement ring on time and Win sees it clearly. Win nods looking at Bright's hands muttering "That's some big rock there". And Bright's heart drops.

Bright tried to take it off the ring out from his finger but Win stops him saying "No, don't take it off. I know what's going on it's not like it's some secret. We're the Secret". Bright agree "We are. So maybe you should come inside before someone sees us". Win nods muttering "Right, So what was on the agenda today?" He follows Bright's inside his apartment after Bright unlocks his door. Bright twists the ring on his finger upon entering, he wanted to talk to Win, but he also wants to live a completely separate life from everything else that's going on. Still, he can't hide away forever and they both know that. Bright answered "Not a lot, just a bit of wedding plan". Win ask "How's that going?". Bright chews on his lip he really wishes Win wouldn't ask him about it,  he really doesn't like talking about his wedding with Win he quietly said "It's fine, everything's last minute but you know, that's how it is sometimes". Win hums but doesn't press the matter anymore. Bright didn't tell him that he's going dress shopping tomorrow either, that would really just rub salt in their wound.

Bright walk closer to Win and wrapped his arms around his neck, after resting his head on Win chest as if getting shielded from the world and settled into his favorite place and in his own little bubble saying "It's nice to see you. I missed you".

Win smiles and kisses Bright's head responding "I missed you too. I just wanted to come to see you". Bright smile and said "Well I'm glad you are here, You can help me cook at least". Win snorts at that but Bright knows Win will help him. For all his insolence Win never bats an eyelid about it. He's one of the few people Bright genuinely thinks who like him. It doesn't happen often most of his friendships are artificial, they're all in the same circle, their parents were friends and they have to be seen at the right places. It's not often he feels a genuine connection with someone.

He didn't wanted to find a genuine connection with someone though, that was the whole point of him agreeing to marry Josh. He wanted to be free of it, he wanted to show his ring finger in a bar and have no men talk to him. He doesn't want to get hurt again.  If Bright had never met Win in the bar that night, he would probably still feel the same. If he had never pursued Win, he wouldn't be second-guessing everything about his decision. But here he is, and there's nothing he can do to stop it now. If he cuts Win out it's not going to change the feelings for the lawyer which he already felt, so he decides there's no use in stopping now it's too late for him. If his heart's is going to break then he may as well feel happy until it's can lasts.

Both Bright and Win cooks dinner side by side, they laugh and Win helps Bright without condensing him Despite Bright's having finished grad school at the age of 22, most people still see him as a bubbly cheerful boy that only got where he is today by his parent's name and money. Bright will admit that those things got him a job and into a good school, but his parents didn't study for him, they didn't take exams or write essays for him, that was all his hardwork. No one can take that away from him, but many people can underestimate his effort easily. No matter what he does he'll always be a rich boy with no substance.

Not to Win though, Win sees him for who he really is, and in the dark of night after dinner both went naked under Bright's comforter. Win tells Bright about his childhood, how he grew up with no money and had to take care of his sister while his mother worked 3 jobs to keep a roof over their head and food on the table. He too started working since he was in school, and worked every single day through college to get his degree and be where he is today. He may not be the lawyer he wished to be, and he could have been, but life doesn't always work out like that. Bright's also shares about his father,  about the plane crash that took him down and left him and his mother, clueless about what really happened but there was no one willing to take on any sort of case to find out the actual reason behind the crash. Bright still thinks it was sabotage and maybe someday he'll get his answers about what exactly happened.

They talk about most of the things, how they felt like they've got the weight of the world on their shoulders, how there's nothing that can take away that weight, it's just a cross they have to bear until they can. When the sun comes up both boys realise they haven't slept at all, just spent the whole night talking in each other arms. Bright realises that in these little snippets of life there is no weight on his shoulder, no expectations and no cross only peace and happiness. For the first time, Bright truly feels like he can be himself with the man in his arms. And this made everything so much worse when Win said he has to leave because he got an early meeting with client. With heavy heart and swollen lips Bright let go of Win.

Bright closes his eyes after  trying his wedding dress, this is the part he dreamt of as a little teenager when he was in love for the first time. Him standing in his wedding dress and feeling beautiful and gorgeous and happy. And when he opens his eyes that's exactly how he feels and the dress was everything he wants it to be Green really did his job well finding him the beautiful dress, it was floaty but still hugs his waist, with a deep v neck showing his little cleavage and an extremely low back and delicate flowers down the netted skirt.

But instead of the perfect dress he only felt disappointed the dress he is going to waste on Josh because he doesn't give a crap what he looks like but he knew Win would. Win would stand at the other end of the aisle and look at him like he's the sun. Win will care about him when everyone else just cares about the social event and clicking picture. Green and Pam ghasp and walk near Bright. Then Green ask "Oh my god Bright are you crying?".

Bright wipes his eyes, unaware of how strong his emotions were after looking at himself wearing his wedding dress Bright softly said "Sorry, I didn't realise. It's perfect". Green grins at that saying "I just love it when the brides find a perfect dress that literally brings them to tears. It's the best part of my job. Now show it to your mom your perfect wedding dress?".

Don't forget to share your thoughts my lovelies ❤️💚