Chapter 7

That’s what Josh wants a quiet life with an obedient wife. They’ll talk about business, maybe the kids if they want any in future and any other conversations after that everything will be superficial and bland. Josh inform "My fathers talk about retiring after Wedding". and that’s big news for Bright. He blinks at that muttering "Oh ...wow congratulations, that’s a huge step up in the company for you". Josh grinned "Sure, It is". Then he said "Dad wants to get this merger out of the way asap and get everything settled then it’s over to me". Bright then said "At least you’ll have my mother as co-leader. It’s a big company to run alone. Do you think you’ll run it as two separate companies or merge everything together?".

Josh shrugs "that’s what our parents are figuring out. I’ll just take over where he left off". Bright remembers what Pam said, about always keeping the companies best interests in mind. He doesn’t know how long his mother is going to run the company, but Bright can’t imagine Pam going to have a late retirement, which means Bright have to start showing some interest to know exactly how it’s run. So he suggest to test the water "I might come into the office with you once you’re settled in your new role. And I don’t know when my mother plans on retiring but I can’t imagine she’s going to go any longer than a few years now, especially with us when we're getting married".

Josh gives Bright a funny look, which one Bright can’t quite make out. Then Josh stated "I was actually thinking since you’re already established in the research side of it that you could run that area only, I don’t want to completely separate sales and research just for you but I’m not sure I'll like it being run both together. We both have our own strengths, we should be utilising them accordingly".

Bright thinks it’s was a clever answer from Josh to keep him out of the controlling of the company, and frankly this is what he wanted to do anyway, but there’s a strange feeling inside him after hearing it straight from Josh mouth.  He can’t seem to shift on his decision and Josh doesn’t want him in company either because that’s his interest. But Bright bide his time at least, there’s no use in starting an argument about it just yet. He doesn't know anything about it.

They sit in relative silence eating their food after their discussion and Bright seems to have a glimpse into his future. Quiet stunt of dinners where neither of them has an interest in each other. This is what he wanted, he reminds himself. But the pretty lawyer was constantly there in the back of his mind, how they talked so easily for two whole days and how Win listened him with genuine interest. It’s the opposite of what he wanted, but now he can’t stop thinking about it. Bright ask "So when do I get to see the apartment?"  Bright just hope to keep the conversation going. Josh stated "Whenever you want. We own it, just find an interior designer and put it on the card".  The card, their joint money that Josh will probably just throw at him to shut him up. Bright tried "I would like  decorate it, I mean on my weekends off or whatever if we’re not moving into it straight away, after all it'll be our personal space".

Josh gives him a bored look and said "don’t hassle yourself with all that work. Just pay someone else to do it". Bright thought paying someone else to do it, that’s pretty much his life already is,  So he shouldn’t be too surprised by Josh statement, but is it completely unrealistic that he wanted to put his personal touch in their home? It might probably won’t be home but, it’ll be the apartment the only place where they’ll come together to be in awkward silence and stilted conversation. They’ll talk about work and the happenings of the world that don’t affect them, maybe after few months Bright will inform in a comment about him getting pregnant and Josh will hum and say that’s nice.