Chapter 17

Pam whispered "I’m sorry". Bright can’t do this anymore. He can’t look at his mother acting. He doesn't want to be here. Bright grabs his bag and jacket and flees off leaving Pam alone. Bright didn't look back, hardly breathing until he was in his apartment as he enter he slams door behind him. Bright wanted to cry, and scream, and throw something, he wants to be anywhere other than here. But the last time he ran away from his problems, he ran straight into Win's arms. He won’t do that again, he needs to face this head on.

Bright decided to talks to Vincent himself. There’s no use going to his mother to change it, He knows Pam won’t do it. But Bright can because he’s got leverage that he can refuse to go through with the contract, he is willing to bet that Vincent Pharmaceuticals aren’t doing all that well because then Vincent wasn't willing to go into a merger with a company in debt.

Amazingly, Vincent agrees to give Bright fifty percent only if they keep the company in positive figures by the end of the contract. If not he will gets him original figure. Bright can’t argue with it too much, but he thinks it’s going to be easier said than done and he has a sinking feeling that Josh is going to try and sabotage his chances. Still, it’s the best he can get, even if he’s still unsure about the whole thing.

Now, the wedding is just tomorrow, Bright's bags were packed and ready to go to the hotel for the ceremony, his dress was hanging up, all he has to do is commit to it. He could run away at this moment, it would be easy to just go and never look back. But what does he have if he does that? Bright has no one, he has nothing without this job, without this planned lifestyle. His parents made sure that he fits nicely into the box which they created for him. He won’t run, he’ll make the best of his situation, he’ll make sure the company thrives, he’ll make sure that Josh doesn’t sabotage the company. Then he’ll sell it and get as far away from here as possible and never look back ever. Until then he has to make Josh life as much hell as he’s going to make Bright's.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, which felt strange because Bright isn’t expecting anyone, he made it clear that he wants to be left alone tonight. He is not going to answer it, but the knocking  on the door doesn’t stop and he doesn’t think whoever’s there is going to let it go anytime soon.  Bright  hopes it’s Josh though came to call off their wedding after all. But it’s not, Win is standing there instead all haggard and looking all tired. Bright hasn’t allowed himself to think about Win, it hurts too much and he can’t change anything that happened. Bright froze on his spot when Win said "Don’t marry him. I know the wedding is just a formality between you two but it’s the final nail in the coffin. I’m begging you, Please don’t do it Angel".

Bright sigh "Win" Bright had dreamed of this moment he knew Win will turn up to him, begging him not to marry Josh. He wanted nothing more than that before, but now he can’t back off, because he’ll be damning them both to Josh wrath. Bright got it all planned out, but he knows better than anyone that his plans don’t ever play according to the way he wants them to. Bright softly said "I’m sorry, Win".

Win shakes his head "No Angel, don’t. Please just think this through, think about the rest of your life. Are you ever going to be happy again? Do you think you can stand to be around him for the next twenty five years?" Bright ask "What choice do I have? You know clearly if I don’t go through with it I’ll have nothing. I’ll be disowned, my savings won’t take me far and I don’t know if I’ll get another job".

Win quickly said "You have me Angel, I’m right here. There's a home for You. You’re clever, they can’t take away your degree, they can’t take away your experiences. I'll take You far away from here. I’ll take care of you all my life just please don’t marry him". Bright tear falls down to his cheek and Win brushes it away with his thumb and kisses Bright's head pulling him in a hug Bright cried out on Win chest and said "I don’t know what to do, Win". Win ask "If it doesn’t feel right then don’t marry him". Bright quietly said "It’s not that simple...".