Chapter 13

Win snort at that "Well it kind of got pushed to the back of my mind with everything else.....But, I’ve just bought a cabin house up in state. It’s nothing huge, just something small and old fashioned. I realise I spend way too much time at work and need to start taking some time off so I stop dreaming and think seriously about having my own place and..... ". Bright find Win rambling so cute. He’s seems so nervous telling Bright about it.  For Bright it’s was really both adorable and slightly concerning because Win doesn’t get nervous all that often. Bright slowly nods saying "Okay I’m glad you’re doing something for yourself....other than me".

Win mutters "Oh my god.... this did have a point. Its a desperate purchase and urgent need of redecorating. I haven’t actually seen it yet, it was a risky buy off the internet but I’ve had someone look over it for me and they said the structures sound good but just outdated. I'm sure you'll like the place". Bright nods at that and confusingly ask "Right, but what does that have to do with my liking?". Win moves closer and wraps his arm around Bright's shoulder pulling him in. Bright laughs in surprise and steadies himself by wrapping his arm around Win waist then Win said  "Come with me, just one weekend up in state, just the two of us. I want you to decorate the place however you want". Bright wanted to cry in happiness but he felt hurt for what’s left unsaid. One weekend before they have to end it. One weekend away from thinking about weddings and contracts. One last weekend of living in their own bubble. Bright with heavy heart smile and nods he agrees to go with Win because that one weekend is either going to be the making and breaking of him. He softly said "One weekend away decorating it sounds like a plan".

It’s three weeks until the wedding when both of their schedules align enough for them to make the trip up in state. Bright told everyone he’s with Gulf and Gulf is covering him even if he doesn’t quite understand what’s going on in Bright's life other than his upcoming wedding. Gulf do knows enough and that he doesn’t question Bright though and really that’s all that he can do for his friend.

Win mutter while he was driving on their way up "Don’t laugh at me like that Angel. It was the first time I'm coming this side. I’d ever actually been making only money and really wanted a nice car for this trip so I bought one". Bright holds his hands up in surrender but he still can’t keep the laughter out he breath deeply and said "I’m not laughing at you. It’s a nice car though". Win snort "It’s a vintage mustang, you bet your life it’s a really nice car". Bright then ask "How much does it cost you in maintenance by the way?". Win scoffed "Too much and don’t say there it is, it’s still worth it". Bright laugh again and said "No I’m sure it is, your nice vintage Mustang to go with your cute little up in state cabin house you’re living your best life, now You’re almost one of us".

Win again snorts but doesn’t say anything back. He knows better than to try and refute the claims. Bright knows better than anyone that this is the life he dreamt of when he was working two jobs at sixteen, working his way through college even with a scholarship. But he knows how guilty he feels about not being able to help others like he wanted, like him, that he’s not the lawyer he wanted to be.

Bright finally stop laughing and ask "So how secluded is this cabin house is?" Win replied "Far enough away from neighbours..... The only house.... Where nobody can hear us?". After saying Win squeezes Bright's knee and Bright laughs again slapping Win's hand away from him. Win laugh and then inform honestly "It’s not in the middle of nowhere, there are other people around but the neighbours aren’t exactly on top of us like here". Bright responded "Well that’s good then it feels kind of awkward if they hear us while having sex". Win shakes his head with a laugh saying "You’re a nightmare when you're needy. You know that". Bright retorted "and you still like it".