10: Spell Bound

3rd person pov:

Hawks looks around the room at all the different plants and notices that a corner of the room is giving off light. Turns out it's moss that creates artificial sunlight.

"He really did all of this for me? I don't understa- ghsh."

He hisses in pain coming from his chest. So Hawks pulls his shirt out to see the mark  Dabi's spell made onto him.

"So this is the feeling of magic markings. Wait, where's Dabi's mark at? He has to have one somewhere."

Hawks sees the door open. So he looks around the corner to see if the coast is clear. In the room off from his is what looks to be a dirt floor that's recently been disturbed with five stones lined side by side. Thinking nothing of it. Hawks heads that way. In the next room is alchemic magical tools and erbs on shelves, and beside those are cabinets. Just as Hawks reaches to open the first door to see inside. Dabi calls out from downstairs.

"Breakfast!"

Not wanting to get hurt or possibly him off. Hawks heads down to be greeted with food at the table.

"Woah this looks and smells delicious."^wait maybe now's my chance to look for his mark.^

As dabi cooks his meal. Hawks walks up behind him.

"What is it fay? You know standing there is only gonna make your food cold and disgusting-."

Hawks puts his forehead to Dabi's back.

"What's happening to me? I'm so confused. One moment I can't stand to look at you. Then my heart races everytime I hear your voice."

Dabi looks back to see a flustered and scared Hawks. His eyes shimmering like water from the wind blowing.

"Please help me understand this feeling."

Dabi places a hand on Hawks cheek and caresses it.

"All in do time. For now you need to regain your strength and rest." ^he's not lying to me. Otherwise the mind reading spell i cast earlier would've signaled me, and yet my spell only drew out his actual feelings towards me. It doesn't matter. What's important is my goal. The fay must be wiped out of existence.^