Reading Chapter 1: The Girl who lived

(*Edited*) 

Maddie groaned, Percy J rubbed her back.

Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.

"Your welcome!" Both the Weasley twins and the Stoll brothers yelled.

They were the last people you'd expect to be involved with anything strange, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense.

Mr. Dursley was the director of a firm called Grunnings, which made drills.

"Whatever you don't know just write it on a piece of paper." Hermione said. All the purebloods got quills and parchment and started writing done, Mr. Weasley the most excited of the bunch.

He was a big, beefy man with hardly any neck, although he did have a very large mustache.

"Too bad he's married or I would totally go for that," Ginny snickered.

"Sorry Gin Gin, but maybe I could set you up with Harry's cousin," Maddie said. All of the girls (bar the adults and goddesses) were now giggling with no end and the boys were looking at them like they've gone mad.

Mrs. Dursley was thin and blonde and had nearly twice then the usual amount of neck, which came in very useful as she spent so much of her time craning over garden fences, spying on the neighbors.

'Well there's a shocker,' Maddie thought, but so did Snape.

The Dursleys had a mall son called Dudley and in their opinion there was no finer boy anywhere.

"Seriously?" Clarisse asked. She's never met Dudley but she knows a lot about him from hearing Maddie complain about what she'd read in her letters from her brother that Dudley started bullying him again.

"Yup, they think he's perfect." Maddie grumbled. Percy J wrapped his arms around her shoulders and held her tight. Snape was taken back. She wasn't as pampered as he thought.

The Dursleys had everything they wanted, but they also had a secret, and their greatest fear was that somebody would discover it.

"Quick, Moony! We have blackmail on them!" Sirius yelled, Remus just chuckled while the twins and Stolls all had mischievous grins on their faces.

They didn't think they could bear it if anyone found out about the Potters.

"Wait, how is that blackmail?" Fred and Conner asked, George and Travis just shrugged their shoulders.

Mrs. Dursley's sister, but they hadn't met for several years; in fact, Mrs. Dursley pretended she didn't have a sister, because her sister and her good-for-nothing husband were as unDursleyish

"Dad\Prongs\Uncle James wasn't good for nothing!!" Harry, Sirius and Maddie yelled.

"UnDursleyish isn't even a word!" Athena said with annoyance in her voice.

as it was possible to be. The Dursleys shuddered to think what the neighbors would say if the Potters arrived in the street.

The Dursleys knew that the Potters had a small son a year younger than Dudley and adopted a girl Dudleys age that is weirder than Mr. and Mrs. Potter, and that's saying something.

"Maddie\Mom\Aunt Maddie isn't weird!" almost everyone in the room yelled.

"Thanks everyone." Maddie said with a blush. Percy J smiled and hugged her close. Everyone in the room (except the gods and goddesses, Snape, and Percy W) smirked.