Reading chapter 2: The Vanishing Glass

(*Edited*)

Nearly ten years had passed since the Dursleys had woken up to find their niece and nephew on the front step, but Privet Drive had hardly changed at all.

"Sounds boring." The Weasley twins and Stolls said.

"You have no idea." Maddie muttered. Percy wondered if that's why she's how the way she is because of this.

The sun rose on the same tidy front gardens and lit up the brass number four on the Dursleys' front door; it crept into their living room, which was almost exactly the same as it had been on the night when Mr. Dursley had seen that fateful news report about the owls. Only the photographs on the mantelpiece really showed how much time had passed. Ten years ago, there had been lots of pictures of what looked like a large pink beach ball wearing different-colored bonnets

Aphrodite looked scandalized while all of the Weasley's (barr Mrs. Weasley and Percy), Cedric, Sirius, Remus and the demigods all laughed.

— but Dudley Dursley was no longer a baby, and now the photographs showed a large blond boy riding his first bicycle, on a carousel at the fair, playing a computer game with his father, being hugged and kissed by his mother. The room held no sign at all that a girl and another boy lived in the house, too.

Yet Maddie and Harry Potter were still there, asleep at the moment, but not for long. Their Aunt Petunia was awake and it was her shrill voice that made the first noise of the day.

"Up! Get up! Now!"

Snape flinched remembering Petunias voice.

Maddie woke with a start. Her aunt rapped on the door again.

"Up!" she screeched. Maddie heard her walking toward the kitchen and then the sound of the frying pan being put on the stove. She looked to see that her brother, Harry, was already up and probably in the kitchen since he was not there. Maddie rolled onto her back and tried to remember the dream she had been having. It had been a good one. There had been a flying motorcycle in it. She had a funny feeling he'd had the same dream before.

"You remembered?" Percy W asked.

Maddie nodded. "I used to dream only three things. A group of twelve year old girls, the motorcycle, or a green flash and pain in my forehead."

Artemis smiled when she heard that she visited her daughter in her dreams.

Hes aunt was back outside the door.

"Are you up yet?" she demanded.

"Give her some time!" Ginny, Cedric, Percy J, the Potter-Jacksons, Sirius, Remus, Annabeth, Ron, Hermione, Grover, the twins, Harry, the Stolls, Neville and Artemis all yelled.

"Nearly," said Maddie.

"Well, get a move on, I want you to look after the bacon. And don't you dare let it burn,

"They made you cook!" Hermione, Clarisse, Annabeth, Ginny, Artemis, Percy J and Nico I yelled.

I want everything perfect on Duddy's birthday."

Maddie groaned.

"What did you say?" his aunt snapped through the door.

"She didn't say anything you horse!" Percy J yelled, he was glaring at the book so much that Maddie was impressed it didn't burst into flames.

"Nothing, nothing..."

Dudley's birthday — how could she have forgotten?

"Shame on you Maddie, shame on you." The Stolls tutted and shook there heads.