Having A Break

(*Edited*)

"Finally, we can eat food!" Percy grinned, holding his stomach jokingly.

Maddie smiled, grabbing his hand, "Let's go eat. I fancy a waffle, who else?"

"ME!" James yelled, "PICK ME FOR THE WAFFLES!"

His sisters giggled and made their way to Thalia and Clarisse who were having an intense conversation about who would buy the best Christmas presents for the Potter-Jacksons. "Aunty Thal, Aunty Clar, will you make pancakes for us?"

"No, no, kids, I don't cook," Clarisse mumbled, backing away from them.

Thalia grinned and leaned forwards, "Course you can, you wouldn't want to let these kids down."

"I really can't...."

"Then why did I hear you bustling around the kitchen last night?"

Clarisse's moth dropped, "You heard that?"

"No, I just made it up but now I'm sure."

When James, Percy and Maddie went into the kitchen, Maddie grabbed the boys by their collars and pushed them onto some chairs.

"Now. What exactly happens when a monster attacks?" She asked. James gulped.

"Well, mum... you and dad handle them," he told the younger version of his mother.

Maddie raises her eyebrow. "What if there's more then one? Can't one easily take any of you?"

James nodded. "But, you use your magic and send us away to whoever is closest. Sometimes Uncle Nico and Uncle Harry, sometimes Auntie Annabeth and Auntie Hermione, and sometimes Uncle Leo. It all just depends."

"I still wanna know who Leo is."

"You'll meet him in a few books," James told the younger version of his father. Percy pouted.

"Oh, stop pouting," Maddie slapped the back of Percy's head. "What are you? Five?"

Percy rubbed the spot, a cheeky smile appearing. "No. Fifteen. The age you're turning in a couple of months."

"What are you all talking about?" They all turned to see Nico II walking into the room.

"Your brother refuses to tell me who Leo is," Percy told his oldest son from the future.

"You'll meet him in a couple books," The oldest twin said. Percy groaned and Maddie giggled.

When the laughter subsided Clarisse and Thalia brought in a large stack of pancakes for each person who wanted some although they stood awkwardly upon realizing there was no table for them to sit at. Dumbledore solved the problem by transfiguring a rock into a magnificent stone table. Mrs. Weasley came in with a chocolate cake, which got Remus excited. Sirius laughed at his best friend.

Everyone talked and laughed about what they've read so far while they ate. The Stolls, the Weasley twins, and Nico II and and James were all planning pranks, much to the dismay of Maddie. When everyone was done, they all went back to the couches they were sitting on previously and they started the next chapter.