_Nine (2007.7)

Adelaide's first summer was remembered by her to be filled with mommy and daddy. They went to the beach a lot and went to see a beach volleyball game once. In her mind, mommy always liked to squish her cheeks and daddy always liked to pat her head. 

There was also an element of confusion in her mind as well. Adelaide frequently saw flashes of lights when she was out with her parents. They were a bit disturbing but didn't really affect her mood. She later, much later, learned that these were paparazzi. 

William wanted her to learn how to talk, so he frequently talked to her. He even gave her a nickname, Elevette. Delly knows that on a hot summer's day, her papa's face is always colder than the weather, and if she sticks her face onto his, she could cool down.

Delly is learning colors. She knows the sea is blue, the sky is bluer, and daddy's eyes are the bluest. Delly is learning temperature. She knows the sand between her feet is warm, the sunlight on her face warmer, but mommy's hold on her hands is the warmest.

This summer, Delly felt as if she was a normal kid. 

_

On the other hand, the Middletons are panicking. Delaying their daughter's wedding would mean that her status within the royal family cannot be elevated at least not for another 6-month. 

The entire firm is worrying about the delay of the wedding, but Wiliam Catherine and especially Delly didn't care. They thought that a family is an idea of unity, and nominality is not as important. Thus, because there were no extra or secular pursuits of a good image that actually created the most perfect pictures of Delly and her family. This is one of the best summers of Delly's life.

_

Pap-shots of the family going to a baseball game in July 2007

Hope you liked this chapter, any suggestions are welcome and appreciated :)