_*Eleven (2007.9/10/11/12)

Oh my gosh I actually did some math and found out there wouldn't be enough chapters if I were to do a chapter for each of the 12 months of Delly's first 18 years *facepalms* so every year I'm gonna make the last four months a combined chapter lol 

_
It's the end of the year and once again the royal firm faced a difficult situation. This year means the "firsts" to many things. Delly's first birthday, Will and Kate's first year as an engaged couple, etc. These "Firsts" meant setting up a precedent that the firm will have to follow for the many years to come. 

Delly's first birthday, and whether or not to issue a happy birthday statement + birthday pictures was in question. Some say HM should. Some say she shouldn't. She herself is undetermined. 

This year's Christmas cards need to reflect the royal firm's attitude towards to current status of William and Kate as a couple. 1) They can issue a card with Charles, Camilla, William, and Harry, effectively denying both Kate and Adelaide's place in the family 2) Issue a card with Charles Camilla Harry William, and either Kate or Adelaide or both. This would mean that although William has a family and kid of his own because they are not currently lawfully wed, he is still a part of his original family. OR 3) is to issue a car separately from Charles, containing only William and Delly and perhaps Kate. Effectively saying, "Hey, although we are not married yet, we are forming a separate family of our own."

The second option was quickly vetoed by the Queen as she thought it would make her grandson William look like a man-child. The first option might be relevant if the firm had denied the existence of Adelaide from the day she was born (which they didn't). But now if they do so, it would make them seem like hypocrites. So, it was decided that a separate Christmas card will be issued.

Then, the question becomes, to include Kate or Adelaide, one or the other. Readers note that including Delly and not Kate adheres to the family's rule of only recognizing people of blood relations with the monarch unless married to one. Including Kate but not Adelaide breaks that rule. Additionally, it would be seen as controversial not to include a child in a picture of her parents.

Given that issuing Adelaide's birthday pictures was a "win" for the more liberal wing of Her Majesty's PR team, she then needs to make a compromise to the more conservative wing in this decision regarding the Christmas Cards. Therefore, she chose to issue the following card with only Adelaide and William on it. 

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and New Year

_

Delly didn't know anything about any of that of course, she was just amazed by the snow that fall in London on the occasion of her first birthday. As this barely one year old already knows many words of our language, she expressed her joy by yelling to her mama's sleepy face at 6 o'clock in the morning, "Mama, Snow, Snow!"

Indeed Adelaide's first year was like a piece of translucent snowflake, drifting everywhere and being blown around by every wind, trying to find a place to rest. At least, in her first year she found the answer, or rather others made her find the answer to the question, "how can I be accepted?" The answer was to be a prodigy.

It was not her choice to be one, but she was, and it worked, so who cares if she wanted it in the first place?