News

Hi all,

We all heard the news about the Princess of Wales yesterday. I was absolutely devastated. I'm heartbroken for the three little angels. I can't imagine having to deal with the news that Mummy has cancer. I'm hoping William is staying strong through all of this. He has to tell his kids about what's going on, knowing how it feels to lose Mummy at a young age. His father, his only parent left, is also going through cancer treatment. I pray for health and healing for all of them. They are all so incredibly strong. 

I lost my uncle to leukemia in late April nine years ago. He has always been my father figure. It took us months to grasp this horrible news. I was 6 at that time and despite all of the adults trying to tell me that it was going to be fine, I knew something was wrong. I really empathize with George, Charlotte, and Louis. Nobody should be going through this. 

I am also angry, incredibly angry. When Catherine said that she wanted "space, time, and privacy", she was gritting her teeth. All of the rumors and speculations circulating in the last 4 months have made this woman OBLIGATED to share this news publically. She did not have to do this at all.

I don't know Catherine personally, nor do any of us here, I'd assume. But, I do know that as decent human beings, we should not spread rumors saying her husband is cheating, saying she's a social climber, or stir up stories and hurt a mother of three undergoing cancer treatment just for attention or money.

 We know that healing takes time and peace of mind. If anything, these speculations and media drama probably added to her distress and are not helping her to recover. 

Lastly, I think a bit of introspection is needed for myself. This story is an imagination of what the lives of the royals would look like with an imaginary first-born daughter. The goal of this story is to illustrate many difficulties with being "born to be queen". To achieve this narrative effect, I would have to tell this story through the eyes or point of view of Adelaide. As this story progresses, Adelaide becomes a pre-teen and a teenager. She will have many problems with her parents and family members. However, please understand that the purpose of this story is to show the growth that Adelaide will go through. My intention was never to paint the royals in a negative light. I support them with all my heart. I apologize for being unclear about this earlier on. 

Moving forward, I hope to show more of the caring side of the royals and to remind you all why we love them so much. Though this portrayal might not be entirely accurate, I do think it is incredibly necessary in this difficult and unstable time.

You might have a different opinion about the monarchy than me and how I paint them in my story. Both of our opinions are irrelevant now. We all see the royals through some sort of tinted glass or personal bias.

My only hope is that this story would serve as a symbol of our good wishes for the King and the Princess.  The only thing that matters now is that they are in good health and good spirits. 

Thank you for your kindness and understanding. Let's keep them in our prayers.

Irey