Low Tide

*P.O.V Kaya*

Wade continued to walk towards the beach with force unmatched by no other. His blue eyes piercing into mine as he glared at me.

He ripped off his leash and set his board on the sand forcefully. I watched as it landed and raised an eyebrow at his aggressiveness.

"Just because you know my middle name doesn't mean you get to use it." Wade said his voice coming out like smooth honey.

I crossed my arms over my chest, trying not to roll my eyes.

"Just because you're the beach directors son doesn't mean you can break the rules." I spat back.

He raised his eyes brows at me and smirked. He towered over me as he walked closer, water dripping off of his body.

"What are you gonna do about it Kaya? Write a report?" He questioned some of his friends snickering at that.

I looked up at him, my face hard as stone.

"Like I said, I'll call your dad." I said not wavering in my stance, "Wade, it's dangerous to surf in the no go zone you know that."

"You're also a surfer and know its the best place to surf." He said gesturing to the water with his defined arm.

"Yeah I do surf and I can tell you that the other side of the beach has almost the same waves but less risk." I stated, this time I pointed to the other side of the beach.

Wade smirked and picked up his board. A short board Al'Merrick with a turtle sticker the nose. No one would ever say anything but it was the same turtle sticker his mom had on her board.

"How can you have fun if there's no risk?" Wade asked with a cocky smile.

Before I could register what was falling from my lips I spat out the next sentence.

"Fine, just let me know if you see our parents bodies while you're out there." My voice was harsh as I said that.

Wades cocky face fell for a moment. It was a low uncalled for blow, but I was at the end of a work day that started at 5:30 a.m,  and he was making it longer.

I turned on my heal and walked back towards the vehicle, knowing I had won this argument.

"Come on and get in the vehicle, I'm writing a report on all of you." I stated hopping into the passenger side of the vehicle next to Brandon making sure to give every single one a wades friends a cold glare.

Though none of them took it seriously. A few brushed me off while some winked at me, clearly checking me out.

Wade threw his board in the back of the vehicle and hopped in next to me.

His body brushing my side as he sat down, Brandon started the vehicle and began driving towards the main tower.

"Head guard to all lifeguards," I said into the walkie-talkie earning a eye roll from Wade, "head back to the main tower and begin closing up the beach."

As the vehicle came closer to the lifeguard tower, you could see a figure on the balcony looking over the beach. Almost instantly you could recognize who it was, anyone in Suston could. He was after all considered the face of the town.

"Did you actually call my dad?" Wade said his voice low as he looked up at his dad.

Wade and Braxton frequently clashed heads when it came to anything in life. Braxton was nice and personable about his popularity and wealth while Wade was stuck up and arrogant. The only thing they seemed to find peace about was the beach and Braxton's job. Wade one day hoped to become beach director himself and claim the family riches.