30 compressions

*Wade's P.O.V*

I hopped in my car and started the engine. I was exhausted after last night, both me and Kaya hadn't gotten back till late.

We had called it a night the second we got home. By the time I got in bed it was some time around 1 am. I was tired yes, but not like Kaya had to be.

The only difference between Kaya and me was,  I got to sleep in. Kaya didn't, she still had to wake up at 5 to open the beach.

It was a good thing everyone had a half shift today,  instead of working the full day. I was going to pick up Kaya from her half shift now to talk just like we had promised.

I was excited, and ready. Knowing we'd get to talk then I'd get to be with her for the rest of the day.

Pulling into the beach parking lot, I killed the engine and stepped out of my car only to be met with chaos.

People all around me were running toward the beach, some pulling their children away toward their cars in the lot. Screaming was heard from teenagers and crying her from little kids.

I looked around confused why everyone was in panic. I looked towards the water and saw it was completely empty.

Then my emergency alarm in my car went off.

Fuck.

I heard an ambulance in the distance and I begin speeding toward the beach.

Everything was a blur, I thought back to all the times I had heard the alarm.

My father rushing in the middle of the night toward the beach, me occasionally by his side.

Now he wasn't here.

He wasn't here and a medical emergency was happening.

Thinking quick I rushed down the sand yelling at any patron in my way to move.

I held up my Suston Beach director ID as I rushed towards the mob on the beach.

What the hell had happened?

"I need you all to step back clear some space please!" I could hear Hannah yell on the other side of the crowd her voice small compared to the noise of the crowd.

I pushed through the crowd, not so gently shoving people out of my way.

"Move everybody move!" I commanded.

My loud, deeper voice seemed to shock people backwards as they cleared a path for my to walk through.

I moved with purpose toward the center of the circle but froze when I got there.

I slowly took in the horrid scene before me.

Kaya was on her hands and knees shouting orders, while Brandon pumped air into the lungs of a person I couldn't see.

"Lilly guide the ambulance! Clem get ready to take over CPR! AND EVERYONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAKE A STEP BACK." Kaya shouted loudly.

Everyone was in shock as she screamed and everyone took several steps backwards clearing way for Alex to come through with the AED.

He rushed passed me like a bullet before sliding down to the ground next to the body.

My body felt numb as Kaya began compressions on the body. Brandon stepped away and handed the rescue mask to Clem and I could see the face of the young boy laying on the sand.

Tan skin, and blonde hair, eyes closed, and his face bloody, bruised, and lifeless.

The entire body looked unrecognizable and blue, so close to death. I watched as,