The Drug

*Kaya's P.O.V*

Their was something about Wade that was a drug, I had to admit.

Every second of every day I seemed to want more and more of him. At first I was nervous, like these feeling he had would pass.

But they never did.

Each day I was met with a smile, a real smile.

When I came home from work he had dinner ready and always had a movie picked out. He kept me busy but he kept me sain.

There was something about him that attracted me to him. I knew what it was, it was the fact that he was himself again.

No more surfing in the no go zone, no more picking up girls on the weekend, or using his dads social status to gain things.

He had officially turned back into the Wade I knew.

It was nice, and it allowed the town to see him in a whole other light again. He was beginning to be respected like his dad and treated like an adult, rather than a bad kid.

I smiled to myself as I stood in the kitchen looking out the big windows.

But my smile dropped when I heard something crash in the garage.

...

Maybe I spoke to soon?

I set down my fork that I was using and rushed into the garage to find Wade standing the there in defeat covered in engine oil.

A small smile return to my face and I began to laugh.

"Wade what the hell is going on?"

He huffed out a sigh, pushing back his oil covered hair as he did.

"Well..." he started pointing at the beach stallion vehicle.

"I was trying to change the oil." He explained, "I forgot to pull the plug and didn't realize till too late and now there is oil everywhere."

I continued to laugh while shaking my head and grabbed an old rag from the shelf.

Wade took It great fully and began to wipe his face off. I watched as he carefully did so before looking at the vehicle.

"Well did you at least finish the job?" I asked wondering if I should just bring the truck into the shop.

"Yes ma'am" Wade replied with a smirk, "now you have the last job on the checklist."

He said it in such a cocky voice, like he was proud of finishing all his jobs on the check list before me.

I on the other hand just looked confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked

"You still have to up CPR test." Wade replied

I nodded my head in realization.

"Oh, right, right, right. Yeah I did those last week." I explained a smirk sitting on my face.

Wade looked at me dumbfounded

"I'm calling bull shit babe." He stated

I shook my head in defense.

"Nope, they are all done. You can check I put the scores in your office." I explained.

We stood there in silence for a moment, the realization hitting us.

We were all done.

Done with that silly little list.

The only thing of real importance was the beach banger movie night. Every thing else was small task.

That list had started so many fights, but helped end them.

It gave us a common goal and a reason to work together again. It was strange how a small piece of paper helped define the next steps of our lives

"He comes home next week." Wade finally said, talking about his dad.

I shook my head, taking in a deep breath.

"Its gonna be weird not to live here." I said laughing slightly.

Wade chuckled as well.

"I'm so used to you being in the room down the hall, it will be weird for it to be empty." He explained

I watched his face and a grave thought came to my mind. It sickened me partially, just by the way it hurt.

"Wade," I said my voice hesitant, "your dad coming home, me leaving, it isn't going to change this, us, right?"

The moment the words came out of my mouth they felt stupid God I knew they were stupid because of the way Wade looked at me confused.

"God no Kaya, I'm not going anywhere. Even if my dads here and life looks alittle different with you not living here. I'm not leaving, you or who I am." He said in all seriousness.

"Promise?" I asked

"Promise." He replied.

Again silence fell over us, but a good silence. I looked at Wade with a smile and he looked at me the same way.

"One week," Wade said stepping closer to me, "one more week of you living here so let's have a damn good time well we are still alone."

I looked up at Wade my smile growing.

"After work." I stated just to irritate him slightly.

He rolled his eyes jokingly

"Yes, after work." He agreed

"Anything I want to do?" I asked testing his waters.

"Babe, you ask for it and you shall have it." He said seductively

Despite him being covered in oil, his body attracted me like that dumb drug.

The urge to tease him was strong, but the knowledge that if I got any closer my white bikini would be ruined over took my urges.

"Fantastic." I said in reply to his comment, "then go take a shower."

Wade let out a loud laugh as he backed away from me. He picked up his tray full of oil and put it on the shelf to take care of later.

"Only if you join me." He stated heading for the door.

Only then I realize that the second he walked inside the wood floors would look like a complete oil spill.

I thought for a moment, biting my lip Slightly, trying to find a solution to this mess.

"Fine but you have to rinse off with the hose before you go inside to shower." I stated

Wade looked at me with disbelief.

"Like a dog?"

I shook my head and laughed hard, so hard it hurt my stomach.

"Like a dog."

"Kaya, babe, really?" He asked realizing the neighbors were outside.

How embarrassing would it be for Wade to walk outside, covered in oil, and be forced to rinse off with the freezing cold hose.

"Do you want that shower or not?" I asked now despretly wanting to see the neighbors reaction.

"Yes I want the damn shower."

"Then go rinse off." I said giving him a shoeing motion with my hand.

He stood there for a moment, looking like a pouting 4 year old.

Before he took off in a sprint out of the garage door.

Immediately he caught the neighbors attention and the poor old woman looked more than confused.

Wade quickly rinse himself off with the hose before turning it off.

"Hey that was only 5 seconds" I shouted as he started running back towards me.

"I know, but I rinsed." He said with a smiled before picking me up

Immediately my legs wrapped around his torso.

"Plus I'm about to take a shower anyways." Wade said before taking us both inside.

Words: 1189