Chapter 5: Pressing On

Henry's POV:

"Ugh... oh my head. What happened?"

    With a throbbing headache, I pushed myself up from off the ground. Without hesitation, I stood up and picked up the axe which was leaning against the wall.

    "Well, I guess there's only one thing to do: press on. See if I can find a way out."

    I chopped down the planks of wood that covered the door, and headed down the stairs. As I kept walking further, I noticed that the place looked a lot different than before.

    "How did this place get so big?"

    While looking around I noticed more strange things: more messages on the walls, cans of... bacon soup hiding in random places, coffins in one of the corners... this place had nothing but eerie written all over it.

    I walked around some more, eventually finding an old hallway that was flooded with ink. I headed down to reach the other side when I saw someone walking by on the other side. They were carrying a Bendy cutout with them and looked like they had a body made up entirely of ink.

    "Hello!" I called out. "Excuse me! Can you help me? Hello?"

    The person didn't respond but instead started mumbling something about... sheep. Once I got to the end of the hallway I looked over towards the hallway they were walking down only to find that it was a dead-end and they were nowhere to be seen.

    "Where the hell did he go?"

    I looked around trying to find the person, but couldn't find anyone. So instead I went back to what I was doing before: pressing on.

    A few steps further I found a closed-off gate. There was a lever next to it but it wouldn't turn on by itself.

    "Need to get power to this gate somehow," I realized. "Should be a couple switches nearby. Then maybe I can open it."

    I looked around and found three switches. With a click of each one of them, the gate finally started to open.

    I walked inside, cleared a few more doorways by chopping down more wood, and finally came into the music department.

    The music department... I had so many memories here. When it was just y/n and I. Whether that be by playing pool, or her showing me some of how my animations were tied into her music, and most of all, the way she'd play for me. Whether that be the violin, the bass, or the piano... there was nothing I loved more than listening to her play. Sammy may have been the one to compose the music, but she played it more beautifully than anyone could imagine.

    "It's really dark in here," I mumbled to myself. I could hardly see anything. But one thing that did stick out to me was an audio log that was right in front of me.

    I found what I assumed the play button was and clicked it, only to hear Sammy's voice.

    "So first, Joey installs this Ink Machine over our heads. Then it begins to leak. Three times last month, we couldn't even get out of our department because the ink had flooded the stairwell," he began.

    That didn't surprise me. There were a couple of times when y/n wouldn't visit me upstairs only to tell me later that the ink had flooded the place.

    "Joey's solution? An ink pump to drain it periodically. Now I have this ugly pump switch right in my office. People in and out all day.

    "Thanks, Joey. Just what I needed. More distractions. These stupid cartoon songs don't write themselves, y'know."