Chapter 19: Come Visit the Old Workshop

Y/n's POV:

    I opened up my eyes in discomfort to see that I was in an unfamiliar apartment. It was the first time I had seen colors other than brown, black, and dirty yellow in years.

One of Sammy's songs was playing in the background. It was the one called "I'll Be Your Angel." It was for one of the Alice Angel cartoons. It was one of my favorite songs he ever wrote. Not to mention how much I used to love playing it.

    "Where are we?" I wondered.

    "I was just about to ask the same thing," Henry responded.

    "And how did we get here?"

    Henry shrugged. "I have no idea."

    I looked around to see some of our old cartoon posters. Henry and I wandered around a bit, and I found a bulletin board that had tons of fascinating things on it.

    "Henry! Check this out!" I exclaimed, beckoning for him to come over to me.

    "Wow," he muttered. "What's all this?"

    "This is lots of stuff!" I told him. "Like there's what Joey was planning on the Bendyland entrance to look like!"

    I pointed towards a picture of what I supposed was Bendyland.

    "Too bad that's not how it actually turned out," Henry muttered.

    "What? Have you seen it?"

    "Yeah, I have, actually. While I was looking for you and Boris I came across Bendyland. It was much different than... this."

    I hummed in response, glancing at all the other things on the board. There were letters about bankruptcy, which I assumed were for the studio. Joey wasn't very smart with money when it come to the studio, so it seemed like he had to file for bankruptcy.

    There were a few other notes and advertisements, such as old ideas for the company and more information about some random things in the studio. 

    "Y/n! Look at this!" Henry exclaimed, pointing toward an old photograph. It was a picture of him, Joey, and I, when the company first opened.

    "Wow, that was so long ago!" I said. "We looked so much... different."

    "You're still just as beautiful as you were back then, though," Henry complimented. I grinned slightly, hoping he wasn't noticing that I blushing.

    We looked around some more, finding things such as letters and evidence of Joey's devious plans.

    There were a few letters from our old co-workers too. There was one from Wally that was just to check in. There was one from Allison Pendle in which she talked about Tom; I assumed she was referring to Thomas. And at the bottom, she signed her name as Allison Connor.

    "Oh that's right; Allison and Thomas got married," Henry remembered, reading the letter with me.

    "Yeah, that's right." 

    There were so many more. I couldn't even begin to read everything. After reading all these letters and seeing all these pictures I immediately knew whose apartment this was.

    "I'm pretty sure this is Joey's apartment," I said.

    "Without a doubt," Henry agreed. "Anyway, I found something else that was quite interesting. Come here, check it out."

    "Are you sure we should be snooping?" I asked. "I mean, we haven't seen Joey in decades. It seems a bit rude to be going through his stuff, don't you think?"