Chapter 7: We Meet Again

Henry's POV:

I awoke to the sound of somewhat familiar music as well as someone holding onto my arm; the injured one to be specific. Once I looked up from where I was laying, I saw a girl bandaging up my arm with some medical tape. I couldn't see her face though, since it was hiding behind her hair.

I groaned in pain as she pulled on my arm a little tighter than she probably should've. Once she heard me, she stopped what she was doing; but it was only for a few seconds until she continued working on bandaging my arm again.

"You screwed up your arm pretty bad, y'know," she said, still not looking at me. "What exactly did you do?"

"I fell. I was on the upper floor when the ground underneath me snapped and broke," I explained. "I landed on my arm but couldn't do anything to fix it."

"Upper floor, huh? I haven't been there in ages."

"Why not?"

"I can't. I'm stuck down here."

Both of us stopped talking for a minute which filled the air with a somewhat awkward silence.

"Where's Boris?" I finally asked.

"Boris?"

"Yeah. I saw him earlier."

"He's hanging out somewhere here in the safehouse."

Things went silent again for a few seconds until she spoke up again.

"You must think you're a brave one, don't you?" she finally asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You've made it this far. You must think you're 'all that,'" she mocked.

"Hell no. I don't have a choice. I'm just trying to get out of this place. The only thing I can do is push forward."

"Well, you're not doing a very good job of it."

"Excuse me?"

"You nearly got yourself killed by Sammy back there. Do you realize how lucky you are to be alive?"

"Sammy?!" I exclaimed. "As in Sammy Lawrence?!"

"Of course I mean Mr. Lawrence. Who else would I be talking about?" She asked dully.

"How... when... what happened?!" I stuttered. "He looks nothing like he used to!"

"A lot can change over thirty years," she sighed.

I stopped for a moment. "How did you know it's been thirty years?" I questioned.

"I know a lot of things, Henry."

My eyes widened. "How do you know my name?" She didn't say anything.

"Ma'am... do I know you?"

She laughed, almost bitterly. "Oh Henry, don't be ridiculous. You know exactly who I am." She moved her head to look at me, causing her hair to sweep out of her face.

It was y/n.

I instantly sat up so that we were face-to-face with each other. "Y/n is that really you?"

"Who else would I be?"

"I missed you so much, y/n!" I exclaimed, tossing my arms around her. She didn't hug me back, but she didn't pull away either.

"Then maybe you should've shown up sooner."

"What?"

"You could've saved me a long time ago, you realize that don't you?" she growled, her voice growing angry. "I've been stuck down here in this prison and you didn't come here like Joey said you would."