Chapter 12: On Our Way

Y/n's POV:

"Y/n? Y/n! Y/n, wake up! Come on, don't leave me! Not right now!"

I groaned at the sound of the familiar voice calling my name. I groggily opened my eyes to see Henry hovering over me with a concerned look on his face. I could tell he had been trying to wake me up.

"Henry?" I muttered.

"Oh, thank goodness!" Henry exclaimed. "You're alive!"

I looked around to see signs all over the place that said Level S. In the corner I saw the elevator which had crashed down and was completely broken.

"Where's Boris?" I groaned tiredly.

"He's..." Henry stopped. "I... I don't know how to say this y/n. But Alice got him." I shot up so that I was sitting face-to-face with Henry.

"She what?!"

Henry looked down at the ground sadly. "She got him, y/n."

"And you didn't stop her?!"

"I couldn't!" he protested. "I passed out from the elevator crashing! Boris was trying to wake me up, but I was just as awake as you just were a few seconds ago! I couldn't comprehend anything! I would've saved him, I wanted to, but I–"

"It's alright, Henry," I Interrupted. "I get it. You couldn't. It's not your fault."

"I'm so so sorry," he mumbled in almost a whisper. He put a hand on my shoulder as I glanced down at the floor.

"I've worked so hard to protect him," I muttered. "But she got him. All that work for nothing."

"You don't know that y/n," Henry reassured me. "We can still try to save him. It might not be too late."

"You're... you're right," I perked up. "You're right! Come on, we have to start looking for him!"

I tried to get up but ended up nearly falling over. Henry put an arm around me to help keep me up.

"Take it easy, y/n," he told me. "You're in bad shape."

"I don't care, I need to save Boris," I retorted.

"Then you need to let me help you."

"I don't need help," I argued.. "I've been doing things solo for two years now."

"If you want to get Boris back, you're going to need help," Henry insisted. "You need to let me help you. Please."

I opened my mouth to protest but stopped once I saw how concerned he really was.

"Alright," I sighed.

"That's the spirit," he said. "Now let's go save Boris."

Once I was able to regain my balance, we continued forward to find that the hallway split in two different directions. In the middle, there were arrows pointing towards where different things could be found.

To the left was Accounting and Finance, as well as the Archives and R&D Access. To the right was Grant Cohen's office.

"Where do you think we should go?" Henry asked. "You know this place a lot better than I do."

"Let's go to the left."

"Left it is then."

We headed over towards the door to the Archives, only to see that the turnwheel was missing.

"Oh great," I groaned.

"What is it?"

"It's probably in Grant's office."