7. The First Battle

When Yeosang lunged for her, Briar stifled a scream, her eyes wide and filled with terror.

She was just barely able to dodge him, rolling to the side of the tight and cramped storage room.

Yeosang snarled at her and smirked. "You can't run forever, Little Song." His glowing red eyes were the only thing illuminating the room.

"Maybe not, but as long as I keep dodging you-..." Briar's words were cut short when he lunged again, shouting out just as she tried to dodge, but fell into a pile of stacked crates.

She let out a cry of surprise and pain as they fell on top of her, effectively trapping her as Yeosang reached through all the crates and dragged her out, looking at her with a smirk and a snarl, just watching her squirm and try to escape her grasp.

Briar was mostly silent, which in turn made Yeosang huff. "You're so boring. Can't you at least beg for me to spare your life or something?"

She was still trying to escape, and she stared at him for a few moments. "Just because I'm scared doesn't mean I don't know how to take care of myself." He hissed back at him, but her voice wavered.

"Yes yes, chip in your brain that keeps you alive. We've all heard the story." His red eyes flash, emotionless. "Now. Fine then. I'll just kill you right here."

He raised a hand, which was holding a pair of scissors like a knife to stab Briar with.

In a last act of defiance, Briar kicked harshly at his chest, trying to push him back away from her.

It worked, except the scissors slashed into her calf harshly, leaving a deep, jagged cut.

The kick also caused Briar to slam her head against a metal hanger rod, so the world was spinning and black dots filled her vision as she tried to look around to find Yeosang.

Soon, she found him as he was standing up, snarling and holding the scissors up again to kill her.

At the same time, he was about to stab her in the stomach, his eyes suddenly lost all their light, his face paled slightly, and he fell forward beside her.

As the black dots in her vision grew, Briar could see Mingi standing at the door, his hands still raised with the electromagnetic device he'd used to shut Yeosang down.

Then, everything went black as she passed out, too weak to care that she might get killed by her fathers animatronic.