Thirty nine

"Park Jongseong and Kim Miyoung's marriage is canceled due to an unexpected tragedy that happened today at 12

"Park Jongseong and Kim Miyoung's marriage is canceled due to an unexpected tragedy that happened today at 12.30 pm."

"Kim Miyoung was arrested for attempted murder charges."

The sound of the television echoed inside the hospital corridor, with no one there except Jay's six other friends waiting news about Haneul.

"Kim Miyoung and her assistant Kang Minjun are arrested." Heeseung added, tilting around his phone without looking at the others.

"I'm glad..." Jake places his palm on his chest, letting out a relieved sigh.

"I'm still wondering why though... Why did she think of doing that." Sunghoon finally speaks, leaning to the wall with his arms crossed.

"Illegal drug overconsumption." Heeseung stated.

They all nodded their head, before silence took over the corridor again.

"Not surprised. But a little surprised..." Jungwon suddenly speaks.

The oldest looks at him weirdly, before asking. "What?"

"It's just that... I know she's not the nicest person, but I didn't expect her to... Almost kill someone." Jungwon said hesitantly.

Jake patted Jungwon's back, before speaking. "We just don't know how people act behind our back..."

"True..."

"Where's Jay?"

Niki asks, earning a stare from the others.

"Didn't you see how he acted earlier? I don't even know... Probably somewhere in the building." Sunoo who just arrived after the modeling schedule speaks.

"I've never seen him like this..." Niki speaks, letting out a small sigh.

"He's genuine."

"Genuine about his feelings." The oldest added.

"And honestly, I'm kinda glad the wedding is canceled." Sunghoon speaks, before letting out a small chuckle. He dusts off his blazer, checking himself out on the door reflection next to him.

Suddenly, a silhouette appears slowly walking towards them.

"Jay?"

His clothes are messy, with his hair ruined after the fight earlier. His knuckles are red with some dried blood left on them.

"Is Haneul awake?" he asks weakly.

"N-no... Not yet."

Jay walks towards the chair, before letting out an exaggerated sigh while messing his hair in frustration. His friends silently look at him, not uttering a single word.