Chapter One: The Budding Flower

"They Say that when you want to tell a story, you got to go from the beginning. Hello. My name is Celestia Madrigal. I live in the amazing city of Encanto. Though.. it wasn't always like this. I was adopted into the family, but not in the normal way you would think of. Let's go from where it all began."

(Five Years ago; April 16th- 6:45 am)

A shout rang from the house as a man and a wife, who was the shouting one were about to have a baby. "Easy now. You're almost there Mrs. Sanchez. One more push ought to do it." The midwife instructed as she did so again and lets out another one. The young baby came right out. "Well it looks like you have a healthy little girl Stella." The midwife congratulated her and her husband Ricardo. Ricardo was crying happy tears.

The midwife cleaned up the young girl, did measurements and weighing, and they handed the young girl to Stella. Stella held her in her arms as she stared at her. "There's our little flower.." she tucked some of her messy hair behind her ear. The young girl opened up her eyes. They were a beautiful brown like her fathers. She had her mother's bronze colored hair. "Perfecto, nuestro pequeño girasol." (Perfect, our little sunflower.)

"So what do you wish to name this young little princess?" The midwife asked him and the two looked at each other. They had a wonderful name picked out for her. The baby and the mom had matching crescent moon birthmarks on the backs of their right hand. They had to name her after the world somehow. The sun.. then it hit them. "We'll call her, Celestia."

"I was a pretty sweet baby from what my real family wrote in the letter to me all those years ago. I was a bit of an emotional one too. Haha. I could still hear the lullaby that my family sang to me."

(In the Night)

The crickets were chirping, the moon was at it's half phase. The quiet nights were always quite peaceful. Celestia woke up from her sleep, crying softly. Ricardo was finished making a doll that looked exactly like her. He heard the cries and went to go see her. "Aw, Cele.. what's the matter?" He picked her up and bounced her gently. He felt to see if she was wet and needed a change, nothing. They did feed her earlier before bed. So there was that.

Stella woke up to this as well and took the reins. She held their daughter close and shushes her ever so sweet like. "I got it. This song always calmed me down when I was a fussy little baby." Then she began to sing to her. It was the most beautiful melody that you could ever hear. "Come stop your crying, It will be alright. Just take my hand.. Hold it tight." Stella booped her tiny little nose, Celestia was handed the doll that had her name embroidered into the chest. "I will protect you, From all around you. I will be here, Don't you cry."

Even Ricardo joined in for the rest of the song. "For one so small, You seem so strong. My arms will hold you, Keep you safe and warm. This bond between us Can't be broken! I will be here don't you cry, 'Cause you'll be in my heart. Yes, you'll be in my heart." Celestia smiles softly and held the doll in her arms. The song continues onward. "From this day on, Now and forever more. You'll be in my heart! No matter what they say, You'll be here in my heart, Always.." Stella nodded as she sets her down in the crib. A final whisper of "Always.." escaped from her mouth as Celestia went back to sleep that night.

"Unfortunately, things would turn for me.. a month later."