Chapter Two: When Terror Approaches

"It really didn't take long for them at all. From the people I asked about this, The illness worked slowly. They didn't start feeling symptoms till the second week. Like a stalker hunting it's prey. By the time they wanted help, they were late. There was nothing."

(The day of leaving their home.)

Stella was writing two letters for the family they would have to drop their daughter at. One for the family, and one for Celestia to read as she was older. They didn't know how much time they had left, and they needed to act quick. "Ricardo." She called as she coughed into her coat sleeve. "Where do you even suggest that we go? We don't even have a properly established orphanage here or in our neighboring towns." Ricardo came in, his face pale from the ailment. "We're leaving far away from here. We have to follow this map." He opened up the map in question

Stella took a closer look at the map and saw the circled city. "Encanto..? I thought those stories were just myths." Ricardo just shakes his head. "Nonsense. This city is known for it's magic." He told her, and then puts Celestia in her basket. "Come on sweetie. Vamos a hacer una caminata." (Let's go on a walk.) They put up a for sale sign on their house and began to flee the town. They left with some food to survive the journey. Celestia was fed too and she enjoyed it. The couple looked at each other

"They had to leave almost everything behind. It was for me and my safety. That was all they cared about. Getting me somewhere else so I can thrive. Where I could be happy."

(Later on)

The moon was starting to come up in the distance. The stars lit up the sky and kept the path going. Ricardo had made a makeshift lantern to keep it lit so they wouldn't be afraid of the dark. Stella had finished changing Celestia's diaper and she leaned against a tree. She looked even weaker. Ricardo went over to her as he puts Celestia back in the basket. "We can't give up now. I don't know how much farther we have to go either, but I know we can make it." Stella sniffed and nodded. "Celestia, our pride and joy.. oh how i wish you could understand our situation.."

Meanwhile in Encanto, Dolores was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner when she heard them from far away. Abuela Alma took notice and walked over to her. "Dolores, what's happening?" Dolores listened more and felt uneasy. "I.. I don't know.. I feel a disturbance in the air." She squeaked a bit. Maybe some sleep ought to help. Dolores went up to her room to try and get some sleep. Abuela followed upstairs and went into her room, looking out the window. None of the family knew what was going to happen in the next couple of hours..

Soon enough, after climbing over a mountain, Ricardo and Stella sees the village. "There it is. The magical city.." He spoke hoarsely as they made their way down and into the village. Stella was holding onto both her husband and the basket. She takes off the locket that she has on her and puts it in the second letter for Celestia when she got older. "But where do we go? Everyone seems to be asleep." Stella whispers as they made their way in the town.

Ricardo passes by the mural of the Madrigals all together. He looked at it for a moment, unsure of who they are. They must be worshipped for them to have a mural portrait. Then he sees the Casita up ahead as he pointed to it. "Over there." He brought them up to the house. "Well.. I guess this is it.." Stella looked at her husband. "Wait.. before we die.. I want to say goodbye to our daughter." She faced the opening of the basket towards herself. Just to see her daughters sleeping face.

Tears were running down her face and she couldn't stop them. They just kept going on and on again. "Celestia, nunca quisimos que esto sucediera. Pase lo que pase, te queremos. Eres nuestra hija y queremos que tengas la mejor vida con una nueva familia." (Celestia, we never wanted this to happen. Whatever happens, we love you. You are our daughter and we want you to have the best life with a new family.) Ricardo nodded as they set the basket down with her inside. He wiped away his tears. "We will never forget you and we will miss you till we reunite again." The two of them left the Casita till they were out of sight. They all had cuts and bruises on their arms and bodies from being scratched at by thorn bushes.

The couple went to the river near a forested area and the two of them laid in the grass together and just looked up at the night sky. Stella sang the lullaby almost too weak from her crying. Ricardo sang along the best he could. They ended up passing in each other's arms. Celestia woke up some time later and felt the silence around her. Her head turned to the sides as there was nothing but silence. She was all alone. Celestia began to cry as the Casita brought her inside so she wouldn't be cold out there.

And thus started the adventure with her new family.