Chapter 4: The Family Madrigal

((Five Years Later))

It has been five years since Celestia came into the Madrigal's lives. And today was a very special day. Today was Celestia and Antonio's gift ceremony. Mirabel was already awake and getting ready for the day. After she finished, she gets Celestia up too. "Levántate y brilla somnoliento." (Rise and shine sleepyhead.) Mirabel tickled her and Celestia laughs. "Okay okay, I'm up, I'm up!" She gets out of her part of the bunk bed and gets ready herself. "Today is a very special day, you know?" Mirabel helped her out and Celestia was curious herself. "It is?" She asked.

Mirabel nodded at her curious question. "That's right, Hermana pequeña. Today is both yours and Antonio's gift ceremonies." Celestia braided her hair and was all excited. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" Soon she was all ready and the two of them head out the nursery door together. Celestia heads down the stairs and waved to the picture of Abuelo that hung up on the wall. "Good morning Abuelo!" Celestia chirped as her and Mirabel headed into the kitchen

The shelf lets down the plates on top and gave each of them an equal amount. Celestia grabbed hers as a group of kids were trying to talk to them. "Hey! When is that gift happening?" A boy asked them from a distance. Celestia smiles and began placing her set of plates down one by one. "Me and my cousins ceremony is tonight." "What will your gifts be?" A young girl questioned further and Mirabel chuckled. "We won't find out till then." She sets down her set of plates too. Her and Mirabel had a very sweet relationship as sisters.

"What's your gift?" The little boy scratches his head as he held a cup of coffee. "Who's asking?" Mirabel smirked playfully as all three of them said "Us!" "Well, 'us', we can't just talk about ourselves, right Mira?" Celestia asked her big sister and she nodded. "That's right, we're only a part of the amazing Madrigals." The kids got excited about this. "Who are the amazing madrigals?!" Mirabel shakes her head. "Ah, you're not gonna leave us alone, are you? Hey Casita, help us out." Celestia points to the drawers

"Drawers." Celestia spoke and then pointed to the floors. "Floors!" She goes to the doors as they shined. "Doors!" Mirabel picked her up and chuckled. "Let's go!" She began to sing while giving her a piggyback ride. "This is our home, we got every generation! So full of music, a rhythm of it's own design." Celestia went into Isabela's room and hugged her. She decided to sing along. "This is our family, a perfect constellation! So many stars and everybody gets to shine!"

"Woah! But let's be clear, Abuela runs this show." Abuela comes out of her door. "Woah! She led us here so many years ago!" Everyone grabbed a drink. "Woah! And every year our family blessings grow! There's just a lot you simply got to know, so." Mirabel and Celestia went out the door together. "Welcome to the Family Madrigal! The home of the family Madrigal, We're on our way! Where all the people are fantastical and magical! We're part of the family Madrigal."

The kids saw them coming and got all happy. "Oh my gosh it's them!" They all over lapped one another as they asked questions about the family. "What are the gifts?" "I can't remember all the gifts." "Oh I don't know who is who!" Mirabel laughed and tries to calm them down. "Alright, alright, relax!" "It is physically impossible to relax!" One of the girls shouts. "Please tell us everything! What are your powers?" Another girl asked as the coffee boy was shaking. "Just tell us what everyone can do!!" Celestia laughed uneasily as she takes the cup away and handed it to Mirabel. "And that's a reason why coffee is for grownups."

"Our Tiá Pepa, her mood affects the weather! When she's unhappy, well, the temperature gets weird." Celestia smiles and then pointed to Tió Bruno. "And this is Tió Bruno?" She sung in a questionable voice as the people shushed her. "We don't talk about Bruno!" Mirabel took over for her and told the kids "They say he saw the future, one day he disappeared. Oh! And that's our mom Julieta, here's her deal! Woah! The truth is, she can heal you with a meal." Julieta was feeding some of the people of Encanto. "Her recipes are remedies for real! And if you're impressed, imagine how we feel! Mom!" Celestia was picked up by her mom and was showered with kisses and they all spun around.

"Welcome to the Family Madrigal! The home of the family Madrigal!" Mirabel excuses herself through the crowd of people. "I know it sounds a bit fantastical and magical, but, we're part of the Family Madrigal!" Their father and Tió Felix came in dancing together. "Two guys fell in love with family Madrigal, and now they're part of the family Madrigal!" Celestia pointed to the two couples. "So yeah, Tió Felix married Pepa and our dad married Julieta. That's how Abuela became an Abuela Madrigal." Mirabel leads the way saying "Let's go! Let's go!"

"We swear to always help those around us. And earn the miracle, that somehow found us." Abuela sang as she helped build a new house for the new villagers. "The town keeps growing, the world keeps turning. But work and dedication will keep the miracle burning. And each new generation must keep the miracle burning." Then the kids got curious about something else. It wasn't sticking quite right. "Wait. Who's a sister and who's a cousin?" "There's so many people!" "How do you keep them all straight?" The boy asks and Mirabel calmed them down and brought them to the mural of their family. Celestia had been painted in not too long ago.

"Okay, okay, okay, okay. So many kids in our house so let's turn the sound up. You know why? I think it's time for a grandkid round up!" And the others joined Mirabel. "Grandkid round up!" Celestia points to Dolores. "Cousin Dolores, she can hear a pin drop. Camilo shapeshifts, me and Antonio get our gifts today." Then they go to their older sisters. "Our older sisters, Isabela and Luisa! One strong, one graceful, perfect in every way." Mirabel watched Isabela grow flowers as everyone sang Isabela. "Grows a flower, the town goes wild. (Isabela) She's the perfect golden child!" They get lifted up from a built bridge as Luisa Carries them to the river. "And Luisa's super strong. The beauty and the brawn do no wrong."

Abuela calls for Luisa and she called back "Coming Abuela!" Before running back to the Casita. Celestia sang for the kids once more. "But that's life in the family Madrigal. Woah! Now you know the family Madrigal! Woah!" She danced on the side of the bridge with Mirabel. "Where all the people are fantastical and magical. That's who we are in the family Madrigal! Adios!" She waved goodbye to the kids before one girl asked her. "But what's your sister's gift?"

Celestia was about to say something before Mirabel was given an instrument by a group of people. She laughed nervously and then sang again. "Well we gotta go, the life of Madrigals! Ooh! Now you all know the family Madrigal." She tossed the accordion back to the others and ran with Celestia. They were hiding from the kids. "We never meant this to get autobiographical. So just to review the family Madrigal! Let's go!"

"What about Mirabel?" The kids pouted as Celestia began the review. "Well it starts with Abuela, and then Tiá Pepa, she handles the weather." "What about Mirabel?" They asked again. "Our mom Julieta can make you feel better with just one arepa!" The two of them hitched a ride on a cart driven by a donkey. "But what about Mirabel?" Mirabel pointed to their father getting stung by bees. "Our dad Augustin, well, he's accident prone but he means well." The kids continued to follow them saying Mirabel. "Hey you said you want to know what everyone does, we got sisters and cousins and-"

"MIRABEL!" The kids popped out from a fruit stand. Camilo shapeshifted into more of the villagers. "Our Primo Camilo won't stop until he makes you smile today!" Celestia tries to avoid the subject as best she could. "Mirabel!" "Our cousin Dolores can hear this whole chorus a mile away!" Celestia sees Mariano and grabbed his hand. "Hey look, it's Mr. Mariano! Hey you can marry our sister if you wanna, but between you and us, she's kind of a prima donna! Yo, we said too much and thank you, now we really got to go!"

The kids follow them to their house. "Mirabel!" "Our family's amazing!" Mirabel grinned Nervously. "Mirabel!" Celestia points to her sister. "Mirabel's in the family so-" "Mirabel!" The two of them opened their mouths and began speaking up. "Welllll..." but before they could finish, Abuela called to them. "Mirabel! Celestia!" They turned to her and Abuela asked "What are you two doing?" Celestia adjusted her dress. "Abuela! They were just asking about the family, and-" then the first girl interrupted her and said. "Mirabel was about to tell us about her super awesome giiiiift!!"

"Oh, Mirabel didn't get one." Dolores told them with a squeak as she went back to work. Abuela brought Celestia inside so she could get ready for the big day with Isabela. The other kids just turned to Mirabel and said "You didn't get a gift?"