06 ━ To be a Kunoichi

six, To Be a Kunoichi

"OFTEN ENOUGH, kunoichi have to go undercover as civilian women on missions. The art of arranging flowers can be very helpful in such missions. After all, you want to be able to blend in perfectly, not merely adequately." explained Miyoko-sensei with a stern expression.

All the girls nodded in understanding, with the exception of Sen, who instead sat with her eyes closed. The kunoichi lessons had been moved outside to the fields last minute, leaving the girls participating with no choice but to sit on the grass.

"That is why all of you are here today, attending this class. I will be teaching you various skills so one day you will be able to go undercover without being discovered. Discovery can endanger the mission, and we want to avoid that. After all, a mission always comes first, so our goal is to succeed. To do that, us kunoichi should be able to imitate civilian women and their skills such as flower arranging, which is what we will do today."

Izumi felt delighted at the prospect of being given the task to create a flower arrangement. Perfect.

"Your task is to create a flower arrangement based on the knowledge you already possess. This way I can see how much each of you already knows. Then, we will extend that knowledge," Miyoko-sensei allowed her cold gaze to wander across the many kunoichis seated before her. "Now, begin."

At that, all the kunoichis awake sprung up from their position and began to scatter around the flower field they had sat in, eager to begin the creation of their very own flower arrangement. Izumi meanwhile nudged Sen with her elbow, waking the older girl from her little nap.

"What?" groaned Sen, a lone black eye open and focused on the brunette before her.

Izumi gave the Nara yet another nudge to make a point. "We have to make flower arrangements, Sen. You can't sleep through them."

Sen merely closed her eye before she resumed the relaxed posture she had previously. "I can and I will." And with that, she turned to her side and continued her nap.