15 ━ Team Eleven

fifteen, Team Eleven

YAMANAKA IZUMI NEVER MINDED HER NAME TO BE LAST ON THE CLASS LIST, never minded her name to be the last to be hastily scribbled at the bottom of the list to sometimes even be missed. Respectfully she would then call out the sensei on their mistake for it to be corrected. Without a doubt sometimes she found it to be unfortunate, to always be called on last, but never did it bother her much. That was at least until the examination to become a Genin began. Worries began to flood her mind and her usual confident demeanor vanished all of a sudden, leaving her in a state of near trembling.

Beside her stood Sen, raven-hair as neat as ever, who placed an encouraging hand on her shoulder. Around her waist, she now wore the newly obtained headband, its shiny metal plate engraved with the Konoha symbol. A symbol of her having passed the required test. Her chosen color was forest green, one that compliments both her hair and eyes.

"It could be worse." The raven-haired had shrugged after she exited the exam room, coming to stand beside Izumi. "Even Uchiha could pass it."

"Sen, don't speak bad about him, he tries." scolded Izumi.

"And you should try passing this exam. Without you, we won't have a team of Nara, Yamanaka, and Akimichi this year."

The first to be called into the exam room had been Akimichi Chihiro what felt like forever ago. Over the time in the academy, neither Izumi nor Sen had gotten to know the boy quite well, despite being classmates for such a long time. They only knew him to be quite shy, his trait making conversations with him quite difficult.

When he had entered the exam room, the boy had grimaced, beads of sweat forming above his brow. His hand trembled once they gripped the doorknob, almost unable to open it. All most likely from nervousness. When he exited again though, he grinned from ear, accomplishment written on his face for everyone to read. Around his head was wrapped a headband, tied together with a knot on the back of his head.

"Go in there and do it, Izumi," Sen gave her friend a pointed look. "Or I will hunt you down."

Izumi grinned in response. "I thought you didn't run for anyone."