Thirteen - Forever.

Gracie's POV
Malfoy Manor - November 1996

I take a deep breath and nod to Draco. We go in, followed by Daphne, Theo, and Blaise. "Darling, I am so happy you could make it!" Narcissa storms to us. She hugs Draco and whispers something to him. She saw us holding hands, I am sure, but she is polite enough to not ask in front of everyone and make a big deal about it.
"Gracie dear, come here!" She hugs me too, she is so lovely.
"It's so nice to see you, Mrs. Malfoy," I say softly.
"Oh please, call me Narcissa!" she laughs and moves on to greet the others.
"Let's greet my father," mumbles Draco and grabs my hand again. Confidently he walks into the big room full of people. I believe everyone here is kind of friends with Lucius. "Stay by my side, okay?" I nod. Draco greets a few people, I don't know any of them. This situation kinda frightens me. I spot my parents across the room, they didn't see me. I will say hello after we found Lucius. I already have a glass of wine in my hand, a house-elf hand it to me.
"Hello Draco," Lucius' voice appears behind us. Draco stops talking to the creepy guy and we both turn around quickly.
"Father, congratulations!" He doesn't hug his father? Do they shake hands?
"Thank you, we will have to talk later about some important things. My office in an hour. It won't take long."
Draco nods, "Mom already told me you both have news." Without another word, Lucius turns to me. This man scares the shit out of me.
"Congratulations, Mr. Malfoy," I hold out my hand and wait for him to shake it. He slowly does.
"Thank you. Gracie Owen, right?" I nod.
"My girlfriend," mutters Draco softly.
"Girlfriend?" I nod again. "Well, well, what a surprise." He turns and walks away.
"Your father creeps me out," I whisper to Draco while we watch him get lost in the crowd.
"Believe me, even I am scared sometimes. Did you find your parents?"

"Hi Honey," my mom pulls me in for a long hug. Draco stands behind me and just smiles. My father makes his way towards us.
"Gracie!" I hug him too and after he pulls away and he finally spots Draco. Mom already greeted him, normally, but Dad, "Draco, Merlin, is that you? Look at you! You are so grown up!" Draco has a little bit of small talk with my father.
"So you are friends now?" asks my mother while we watch Draco and my father laughing.
"Oh, actually we are in a relationship," I try to say it as casually as possible. My mom is surprised but in a good way. "I wanted to tell you, but there wasn't the right time."
"Oh, honey, it's the right time! I am so happy for you! Tom, did you hear that? They are a couple!" I try to calm my mother down with a simple shush, it doesn't work. My father is just as happy as my mother is. I never introduced a boyfriend to them before, this time it feels right.

We moved on, Draco talked to multiple people. I just stood there and smiled. "Okay now, let's get some air," says Draco as the old man finally stops talking.
"First your father's office, right?" I remind him.
"What would I do without you?" He kisses my forehead and I follow him down a corridor.
I wait in front of the room, I can hear something about Narcissa leaving with Lucius. Draco answers it wouldn't bother him, he would stay at Hogwarts for Christmas anyway. Lucius also demands Draco to not mess up his relationship with me. Narcissa asks him thousand of questions about me and him. After around 10 minutes. Draco comes out and we grab new drinks and finally get some fresh air.
"The view from here is amazing," I am amazed.
"It's my favorite balcony in the whole house," says Draco. We sit down on a bench. It's pretty cold, but I got a jacket and alcohol, I am fine.
"Let me raise a toast to us, we are basically married now since my parents know about us," chuckles Draco. I take a sip of the champagne.
"I am happy," I whisper after a few minutes of silence.
Draco smiles at me, "You make me happy." His lips touch mine softly. I think I love him. Holy shit, this feels so unreal. I smile into the kiss. I am really happy. His arm is around my shoulders, I rest my head on his chest. I hear his heartbeat. It's a beautiful sound. He kisses my head again. Why can't it be like this forever?