Twenty - Dance.

Gracie's POV
Hogwarts 1996

"I guess, my hair is just fine," I say to Daphne and Pansy. They nod. Pansy has been a lot with us over the last week. I mean, she's still bothered by the fact that Daphne and Theo are a couple, but she can't be mad at them forever. She told us we needed to accept that she was friends with Hermione again. I guess, she expected more of a reaction from us, but we didn't care. I was more focused on Ron and Astoria. As soon as they are in my sight, I watch every step of them. Pansy doesn't know about our theory. I still don't get why Ron is still obsessed with me, he is still with Lavender. It just doesn't make sense with her in the picture. Without her, everything would fit.
"You think someone has alcohol smuggled in?" asks Daphne.
"For sure," answers Pansy.
"Good, I want to be drunk tonight."

Draco and Theo knock at the door, Pansy left earlier than we did. They want to come in, but Daphne stops them. "Not ready!" I shout.
"Oh come on, we'll wait," says Theo.
"It brings bad luck to see the bride before the wedding," laughs Daphne. I join in.
"Wait in the common room," I insist. "Bride before the wedding?" I grin at Daphne.
"Bride or Date, Wedding or Yule Ball, whatever!"

Draco and I walk in first. We go to our table, followed by Theo and Daph. Hogwarts hosts this event every second year. Last year we were in France at the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. The Durmstrang Institute claims they don't have enough space to host the Yule Ball, so it's always here or in France, but the students of Durmstrang always attend. All the students stay over the whole weekend before Christmas, and the halls are decorated beautifully. Yesterday we had no school because they arrived. Today, Saturday, is the ball. We start to eat after the Professors held speeches. The Yule ball feels like the Halloween ball, without costumes. Someone, often the Professors, open the dance. Everyone joins in and later that night there is music for the students. This year it's the same, the feast ended and Professor McGonagall and Professor Dumbledore open the dance. We watched the first few minutes of dancing before joining in. "May I?" Draco holds his hand out and guides me to the middle of the dance floor. "You really look breathtaking," he whispers. I thank him and hold eye contact. "The things I would love to do to you now," he mutters under his breath, looking down at my lips and back up in my eyes again.
"Draco, not here," I giggle, "we're in the middle of the dance floor." He quietly groans and rolls his eyes. "We should look for some wine or something," he suggests. I nod and he holds my hand while we go through the crowd away from the dance floor. Of course, we meet Daphne and Blaise there.
"Blaise I can only tell you how good you look in that suit," teases Draco.
"Oh shut up!" Blaise wears a bright blue suit to match Luna's dress. His tie has glittery stars on it because Luna has stars in her hair.
"The things she does to you," I laugh. He nods and takes another sip from his glass.
"Is there alcohol in it?" I whisper. He nods. I snap the glass out of his hand and drink it.
"Hey!"
"Where did you get this?" asks Daphne
"Brought some," he says slowly.
"Blaise, you are amazing. Give me some," she commands. Blaise looks around for a teacher and then hands her the small vial with pure vodka. She pours almost everything into her glass.
"Theo's alcoholism has gone over to you?" I giggle. She nods yes as she takes a huge sip. Daphne leaves to find Theo again.
"I have been watching Ron over the last week," I admit. "Nothing suspicious."
"Yeah same, he acts normal, but to sum this up, he asked you out, you declined, made it official with Draco, he has been sending you messages and even watched you, tried very hard to get the new password of your dorm, tells it Astoria, even though he has a girlfriend. Make it make sense," says Blaise.
Draco looks around the room to find him. He spots him on the dance floor horribly dancing with Lavender.
Draco grabs my arm, "Let's go." He pulls me to the edge of the dance floor and tells me to wait. I watch how he goes to the band and hands them money. Within seconds they start to play a new song. Draco and I make our way to find a spot on the dance floor next to Ron and Lavender. Draco turns me around so my back would be to them. He grabs my hips and starts dancing. I grind against his hips. I see how he stares at Ron behind me. My hands travel from his shoulders to his neck and then to his face. I pull him down and kiss him. Our tongues battle for dominance. I hear how Lavender asks Ron what he is staring at, but he doesn't answer. Draco probably heard it too and he grabs my ass whilst we still dance. He squeezes it hard.
"Ron, you are unbelievable," Lavender says. Draco pulls away, looks at Ron, and smirks. I turn around and see how Lavender leaves Ron alone in the crowd. Ron slowly follows her.
"Draco, what the fuck, that was not necessary," I scoff.
"He knows his place now, come on, dance with me," he keeps moving his hips, but I don't feel like dancing anymore. I just leave him standing there. We go our separate ways. He goes over to the Quidditch team, while I go to the girls who stand on the other side of the room.
"You okay?" Questions Daphne. I nod. "You don't look like it," she adds. I pull her outside with me, leaving Pansy with the other Slytherin girls.

"Okay, I see your point," she agrees with my opinion about the whole story. She hands me her drink. "What are you going to do about this whole situation?"
"Confronting Ron would be so embarrassing if our theory isn't true," I reply.
"Hell, yeah."
"I agree," says a male voice from behind us.
"Uh, I'll leave you guys alone now," mumbles Daphne. Luckily she leaves her drink with me.
"What?" I say annoyed as Draco sits down next to me.
"I just came to say I am sorry," he says offended. "Next time I won't let my dick think."
"Yeah, I don't think you can do that," I chuckle at him. He puts his hand out, for me to put mine in.
"You know, maybe we should arrange a meet-up with Pansy and her Gryffindor friends and get them to play truth or dare with us," Draco suggests.
"That's not a bad idea, we'll play with Veritaserum and as soon as Ron picks truth, we'll ask him what we want to know."
"Should we do it before or after Christmas?"
I shrug, "Don't know." We go home next Saturday, so the only evening that would work is Friday.
"I'll talk to Blaise and Theo, we'll arrange something. I really want this to stop," says Draco. I nod in agreement. It's just so creepy to feel like you're always being watched. "Will you dance with me again?"

The songs are faster. We Dance faster. We drink more. The time flies by. I love the Yule Ball. "You wanna get more drinks? I heard the twins have alcohol left," screams Daphne into my ear. I tell Theo and Blaise that we will be right back. Daphne and I fight through the dancing crowd. I grab two new Cups and fill them up. I hand Daphne one and we search the room for the twins. Daph spots them, "There they are!"
"Hey, get me some alcohol in there, I'll be right with you. I just give Draco my bag, he's outside." We go our separate ways. I push the door to the courtyard open.
Draco is smoking with three other guys, all Quidditch players. I make my over to them, my heels making sounds on the stone ground. Draco's back is turned toward me. Adrian Pucey nods at me when he recognizes me, and Draco turns around to face me.
"Hey babe," he holds out his arm so I will stand next to him and he can lean on my shoulders.
"Hello Gentlemen," I greet the others in the circle, "I just came to leave my bag with you, is that alright?" Draco nods and takes the bag out of my hand. He hands me the cigarette. For a few good minutes, I stand with them and smoke a bit. We have a nice talk. "I am cold, I'll go back inside before I'll get ill." The boys nod. I kiss Draco, "See you later," I mumble. He smiles into the kiss as he kisses me back. I step back inside and walk back to the entry of the great hall. Whilst I walk I look down at my fingers, they are red from the cold. If Draco doesn't come in soon, he'll be ill over Christmas. I keep walking not looking up. I turn right, look up, and stand still. I can't believe my eyes. Next to the huge door of the great hall, I see two people making out. I need a second to realize it. I always knew it would happen, but seeing this is surreal. They both don't notice me, they are in their own world, I believe. I hurry inside to tell Daphne what I just saw.

Her mouth dropped. Just like Theo's who stands next to her. "You are kidding," she exclaims.
"No, I don't believe you," adds Theo.
"Go look, maybe they are still there." They both run to the door and peek around. God, we are acting like second-years who just saw someone having their first kiss. I remember when we were having our first kisses in the third year it was a huge thing back then. Pansy was the first.

"Oh my god, you guys!" Pansy shuts the door behind her. She meet up with Adrian Pucey so he would help her with Charms. "I just kissed him!"
"No way!" I gasped. Daphne jumps up screaming at hugging Pansy.
"How was it? We want every detail!"
"Uh, I don't know it was so fast."
"What! How did he kiss you?"
"We studied and he just explained something and I looked at him and he looked from the book up and at me and paused for a second and then he kissed me!"
"Oh lord, that's so romantic!"

If I knew back then I would end up with Draco, I would have switched schools, honestly.
Theo and Daphne hurry back to me. I grin at them because they can't believe it. They have the same facial expression I had when I walked inside. "Oh my god!" gasps Theo. Draco shows up behind them. His jaw also dropped.
"You saw that too, right?" He turns and looks back at the door and back to us and back to the door again. "Tell me you also saw Pansy making out with Hermione!"