Sixteen - Hysterical.

Gracie's POV
London - November 1996

Draco and I spent the whole day in the city, it was wonderful. We went shopping and got ice cream and now we only need to get to the restaurant. "This way?" I ask and point down the street. Draco nods and finally, we are on the right track. I changed into some more formal clothes as we were in a shop. Draco walked the whole day in his black trousers and his black shirt around. We keep walking, in silence.
"Gracie, where are you staying over Christmas?"
"At home," I answer slowly. We haven't really discussed this yet, I know Draco wants to stay at Hogwarts, but I want to be with him. "You?"
"Hogwarts, since my parents aren't at home."
"Come with me," I order confidently.
"What? Your parents don't even really know me."
"Yeah, yeah, maybe, but they will welcome you like you are their son, trust me." Draco only nods a little. I just want him to be with me.

We arrive at the restaurant a few minutes early, our table for six is ready and we sit down to wait, as Narcissa storms in, followed by Lucius. She was scared that they would be late, but they were just in time.
We ordered some drinks after my parents arrived. My father and Lucius immediately started talking about business stuff. My mother and Narcissa started to catch up. They talked about Lucius' new job and how they will stay in America. Draco and I listened and maybe answered a question or two. "And what are you doing for Christmas?" asks Narcissa my mom.
"Oh, well, the usual, relaxing, eating, and visiting the family."
This was my moment, to speak up, "Mom, Draco will stay with us over the holidays." I think Draco next to me was scared of her reaction, but both our mothers were so happy about our decision.

"The food was great, you made a fabulous decision about the restaurant," compliments my father Narcissa. She thanks him and out of sudden Lucius speaks up. It's the first sentence he talks to me after he greeted us.
"So, Gracie, what are your future plans? You know, after Hogwarts." Eh, fuck, fuck, fuck.
"Eh, I am not sure yet, I considered working for the ministry." I know Lucius works there, he will probably ask what I want to do there. Please don't. To my bad luck, he asks. I hesitate to answer. The only thing that comes to my mind is law. "Maybe something with law." He seems impressed and gladly goes back to talk to my mother.
"And you, Draco? Any ideas?" asks my father.
Draco has been waiting for this one. "I want to travel, at least one year after graduation," he says confidently.
"Since when?" Narcissa is shocked.
"Since Gracie told me how nice the muggle world can be, now I want to experience it." Lucius heard Draco's announcement with one ear and has a judging facial expression. It's true though, I told Draco about all the places I went to with my family and how I enjoyed it. Being a witch is one thing, but living between two worlds, so between two different identities is just fun. My father looks proud. I think he just saw another side of Draco that I brought out.

Hogwarts - November 1996

"Come on, we are already late," I beg Draco out of his dorm after we put down our stuff.
"Calm down Gracie, it's just a normal party." Draco takes the bottle of whiskey we brought from London out of his bag.
"Yeah, whatever, but they already started to drink without us and you have to admit the rival parties are just extra." He nods and we finally head to the Gryffindor common room.
"Who do you think will be there?" He asks.
"Literally everyone," I exclaim. He laughs at my excitement.
"And who do you think is the first one to make out tonight?" He asks with a smirk.
"We."

Pansy's POV

"Hey, can we talk?" asks a quiet voice from behind as a hand is placed on my arm. I turn around to see Hermione. I immediately turn back around to leave this situation. Her grip around my arm tightens, "Please," she begs and I let her pull me to her room.
"What do you want?" I ask disgusted.
"I want to apologize." I laugh at her. "Really, I am sorry that I said nothing after everyone laughed at you, I am sorry that I didn't come after you, I am sorry that I was distant after that." She takes a deep and continuous, "I hope you accept all these apologies, but I think I own one too."
"What?"
"You ignored all my letters!"
I laugh at her again in shock, "You are pathetic, Hermione."
"Why did you ignore them?" She looks so innocently up at me, trying to make eye contact.
"I had a very good reason, didn't I? Besides, I found someone else," I admit proudly.
"Wait! No! I wanted to tell you-" She stops herself from saying the rest.
"What? Huh? Hermione, what did you want to tell me?" She turns away and wanders across the room. I notice how she plays with her necklace, she always plays with it when she's nervous. She explained once that the necklace is one from her grandmother. It's important to her, I know that.
"I- well, this might sound weird now, and doesn't explain my situation. But- uh," she hesitates.
"Spit it out," I command roughly.
"Oh, okay, okay, I maybe had a crush on you too."
I look at her. The disbelief is written across my face. There is no way she is telling the truth. "After Ron got with Lavender, I saw them happy together and I don't know why, but my brain associates this happiness with you."
"Hermione, think about this again tomorrow, when you are sober." I grab the doorknob, turn it around and leave without turning back. All these feelings are mixed up now. Am I angry? I don't know. I just want to release the tension. Where is he?