Twenty-Five - Love.

Gracie's POV
Hogwarts - January 1997

"Oh, come on! He's totally fine. Right, Draco?" Says Theo.
"Yeah, yeah," stammers Draco. I glance at him suspiciously as Theo pads him on the shoulder.
"Just the breakfast wasn't really the best," explains Theo.
"You two already went?" I groan, "Daph is still asleep, just like Pansy. I don't want to go alone."
"I'll go with you, just give me 5 minutes," shouts Blaise out of the bathroom. I sit back on Draco's bed. He still stands awkwardly in the room, but he slowly comes closer.
"Have you guys been smoking? My god, you smell like you had ten joints," I complain.
"Just one," says Draco and lowers himself next to me. I roll my eyes.
"So the craziest thing happened this morning," I start to talk about the conversation I had with Hermione and how Pansy and I worked things out last night.
"Gracie, I love you, but do you really believe all that?" Asks Draco.
I sight, "I want to, I guess."
"Let's hope they are for real this time. I remember Pansy promising she would treat us better and the next thing she did was dump us again," Theo gulps down the rest of his water bottle after that argument.
"I am aware of that, but this time she seemed kinda genuine. Maybe she wants this all to be over, that's what I want at least," I mumble.
"Just don't be disappointed when it's not like you want it to be," warns Blaise as he steps out of the bathroom. Theo nods in agreement while his mouth is still full of water. "Come on, let's go get some breakfast."

"Gracie, I have an idea," starts Blaise, "when Luna and I got together, you welcomed her with open arms. Maybe we should do that for Pansy and Hermione too."
"You think they would want that?"
"It doesn't hurt to ask. I mean, Hermione was already at the New Year's dinner and everything was fine. We could just hang out and ask her too. It would be a nice gesture."
"Yeah, you're right," I agree. We walk in silence for a moment. "Blaise...have you noticed how strange Draco and Theo acted?"
"It's probably nothing, they just did something stupid like smoking on a Sunday morning and wanted to hide it. Don't worry about it." He tries to calm me down.

~

"Hey Pansy, we wanted to hang out on Friday after Quidditch practice. Do you and Hermione want to join?" Asks Blaise during lunch.
"Oh, I'll ask her," answers Pansy unsure.

"You think they will come," I ask Draco as we get ready. He just shrugs as he gets out of the shower. I watch him carefully in the mirror. His back muscles move as he drys himself off with a towel. As he turns around he catches me staring. I smirk at him and wait for one back, instead, he just puts the towel around his waist, puts deodorant and perfume on, and walks out to find an outfit. I quickly put my hair in a claw clip and head out after him. "What's up with you this week?"
"Nothing, just not in the mood for anything right now," he says while he is still turned away from me. Annoyed I walk away to finish my makeup before we head to my dorm to meet the others.

"Gracie, we're gonna be late...again," groans Draco.
"One second, I can't get this right," I complain and walk out while I hold the top closed behind my back. I turn around so Draco could close it correctly.
"Just throw a hoodie on," he mumbles without even looking at me.
"What the hell? Look at this, it looks amazing!"
"You look like a hooker, Gracie," he chuckles and throws his hoodie at me. I stand speechless in the room as the hoodie bounces off my body and onto the ground. "Come on!"
"Fuck you," I whisper and slam the bathroom door. I lock it before he can try to enter. He bangs against the door to let him in, but I refuse. I take 10 minutes to freshen up my makeup and close the damn top correctly. Draco leans against the wall next to the bathroom door as I come back out.
"Sorry, I didn't mean it," he comes up behind me and tries to kiss my neck.
"We're gonna be late, remember?" I push him away.